Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: ODU @ FAU - January 10, 2019

Add topic

Jack D Whidden III said

Head Coach Dusty May giving credit to Stapleton and Adger for tonight's win.

Posted On: Jan 10th 2019, 9:09 PM #384630

You want to be a journalist.
He and Adger had a calmness 
Sorry, I’m anal about grammar. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Good catch! I was typing quickly straight from coach's mouth. I try to do a grammar check before I send things out to give them a polish, but things slip by when you're working on a time restraint.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Jack D Whidden III said

Head Coach Dusty May giving credit to Stapleton and Adger for tonight's win.

Posted On: Jan 10th 2019, 9:09 PM #384630
You want to be a journalist.
He and Adger had a calmness 
Sorry, I’m anal about grammar. 
Posted On: Jan 10th 2019, 9:21 PM #384631
Ridiculous.  Point out the error, fine.  Say “you want to be a journalist” you’re ridiculous.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Good catch! I was typing quickly straight from coach's mouth. I try to do a grammar check before I send things out to give them a polish, but things slip by when you're working on a time restraint.
Posted On: Jan 10th 2019, 9:26 PM #384632

That’s what 8 years of catholic school does to you. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

To add to May's comment…

Did Curry ever inspire his "role" players to have breakout games, aside from the normal ebb and flow of being hot?

No.

Again, Coaching…they believe in May and his system and we have multiple guys stepping up tonight (Forest 12 pt, and Maitre 13 pt to name two) that weren't even a focal point of the offense before Ingram and Sebree went down.

Stapleton may have dropped 23, but those guys should be equally credited…

Ok, i'm done for the night…time to just enjoy the WIN!

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

Wow…let me say this: I am a Syracuse fan, didn't go there, but grew up rooting for the Orange[men] and still do. I watched the ODU/Syracuse game, and my takeaway was that there would be no way FAU would beat ODU shorthanded.

May is doing something really special with this team/program. It is really refreshing and we all need to rally around this team.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Wow…let me say this: I am a Syracuse fan, didn't go there, but grew up rooting for the Orange[men] and still do. I watched the ODU/Syracuse game, and my takeaway was that there would be no way FAU would beat ODU shorthanded.

May is doing something really special with this team/program. It is really refreshing and we all need to rally around this team.
Posted On: Jan 10th 2019, 9:52 PM #384638

+1

EXACTLY!
Back to the top

100% agree. The Mrs. and I will be in attendance on Saturday against Charlotte. Gonna stop for lunch in Mizner beforehand 
Back to the top

I attend one or two games a year. I've been doing that for years. The team I watched Thursday night was very well coached. But they are also very talented. Good shooters. Emotional. Easily the best FAU Basketball I've ever seen. One thing to work on,rebounding. We wold have won by 20 had it reduced ODU's O rebounds and second chance points. I'll be there again Saturday. So nice to see.
Back to the top

Quit going to games under previous HC.  Supported the program for a long time, just simply couldn't give time and effort anymore to a program that wasn't putting in effort.

Went for the first time in a long time last night…

Wow.

The team was passionate and played tough basketball on both ends.  It was great to watch.  I will be attending most remaining games and renewing my season tickets.

Here is to hoping PK is looking for a way to invest in our mens basketball program to keep a coach like May.  CUSA schools like UAB, WKU, MTSU, are way ahead of us with facilities.  That is not acceptable and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: