Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TOURNAMENT THREAD: FAU in the Gulf Coast Showcase - November 20th to 23rd, 2017

Add topic

Starting lineup for FAU vs. Missouri State:

PG - Anthony Adger

SG - Gerdarius Troutman

SF - Jailyn Ingram

PF - William Pfister

C - Ronald Delph

Coach Curry is going with the same starters from the victory over Northern Illinois.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

After racing to a quick 9 point advantage, the Owls have gotten colder than ice cooler. Missouri State uses a 13-4 run over the last 6 minutes to take a 20-17 lead with 7 minutes left in the half.

FAU has 7 turnovers and Missouri State didn't commit a single foul in that time span. In fact, Missouri State hasn't been called for a foul yet.

Back to the top

Halftime in Estero:

FAU's sees the lead slip right out of our fingers, as Missouri State takes a 36-28 lead into the half.

The Owls started the half shooting at 70% just before the 10 minute mark, but have crashed and burned to 41% since.

Poor shooting paired with giving up 10 Missouri State offensive rebounds is a recipe for a double digit loss.

The big guys have been missing on the score sheet, with Delph, Pfister, and Lepichev still looking for their first FG.

Back to the top

The Bears start the half on a 7-0 run, extending their lead to 43-28.

Missouri State makes three straight shots, while FAU misses three straight. The Bears also collect two straight defensive boards after missed FAU shots.

So I guess that's how this one is going to go today…

Back to the top

It's gone form bad to worse. FAU has shot 16.7% this half, helping Missouri State stretch their lead to 55-35 with 11:30 remaining.

The Bears have continued their domination of the boards into the second period with a 11-5 rebounding advantage so far this half.

Back to the top

Okay, now we got some action! The Owls are battling back, rocking a 10-0 one the last 3 minutes. Giving up too many Missouri State offensive rebounds is still and issue. Our bigger players are just getting dominated today.

Back to the top

Owls fall to Missouri State 71-60 in their final game of the Gulf Coast Showcase.

FAU completes their appearance in the Gulf Coast Showcase with a 1-2 record over the last 3 days, as the comeback effort comes up short against the Bears.

Troutman had a game high 16 points, 12 of which came from the three point arch.

The Owls will next host Ave Maria on November 28th at 3:30 PM.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2017-18 FAU Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top
Control functions: