Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Thoughts on #kellyconvo?

Add topic

President Kelly was answering questions directed at him on Twitter through the hashtag #kellyconvo a little earlier today.

First and foremost let me say that it's great to have another opportunity (even if he doesn't answer) to address the President directly. This is how things should go at the university. A President is responsible to the students and alumni.

That said, for the second straight year the questions broke down into either banal "what is your favorite food" type questions or pointed "what's going on with X" questions, the latter being beneficial but President Kelly being somewhat vague in his answers.

For instance when asked about Greek Housing, he said there were no more plans for housing on campus but they were very supportive of Greek Life. So indirectly saying they are not planning on Greek Housing on-campus. That was the least vague but very disappointing to hear. He mentioned the no more housing idea before but I thought he just meant general dormitories.

on manners of the baseball stadium, the university was supportive of the team and would like to hold a regional, and on the hotel, the plans were still in progress. Athletic Center will break ground when all the funding is in place, but doesn't say how much left (probably the same as the last report). I thought FAU said the $16M would be split up but they would break ground once the initial $5?M was in hand... I'd have to look back.

Overall 140 characters is likely not enough characters to answer the questions to the satisfaction of the people asking them but at least we learned a thing or two.

Did you guys feel satisfied with the answers?
Back to the top

I have seriously edited the above statement three times to capitalize the "o" for "on manners" and each time it saves the edit and doesn't capitalize it. That's happened to me before too. Weird bug.
Back to the top

for the most part i like the way he answered the questions, but some of the questions where really out there. but it was a great event. I hop that this type of thing continues in the future.
Back to the top

Back to the top

the UP is trying to stir up something that isnt there. he couldnt answer every question or he would have been there all night long. 140 characters isnt a lot to answer .
Back to the top
Control functions: