Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Any updates yet?

Add topic

So after a crazy year of football again, i am waiting for some news on the stadium.  If anyone has heard anything feel free to help me out!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Re: Any updates yet?

You might as well camp out in a tent outside the Baldwin house.  I've never seen a school talk so much hype and keep their student and alumni out of the informative loop.  How long ago did Schnellenberger say he was almost positive the deal would be done within the near future?  Wasn't it suppose to be at the end of the summer that university reps were confident on a naming rights deal?  It's just getting more and more frustrating as time goes on.  I know the economy is in the crapper but i mean come on!  I would just love to know what the university is DOING with the resources they have.  Furthermore, I really wish the school would stop leaking out information to an anxious fan base and student body about how "Things look good", "We will break ground on _____".  Give me news, not speculation & estimations!
Back to the top

Keeping us in the loop on their business dealings would be stadium suicide.

What do you want them to do…say we are working with xyz company on a $1M per year deal?  Everyone wanting a naming rights deal would contact that company and say:  Give us your money, it is a better bang for your buck than FAU.  Or should they report there is nothing going on…so potential investors know the demand is low so they can low ball us on a deal?

There are so many companies out there that need or want to get out of deals right now due to the economy.  Let's not hand over any that we are working on.  That includes developmental deals as well.

Something will be reported when there is something firm to report.  Just because we are fans and support the University doesn't mean they should keep us in the loop on business deals…
Back to the top

Loop or no Loop i just want to hear some solid information! as does everyone right!
Back to the top

I agree. We can't expect FAU to release speculative information. The deal coach was speaking about months ago was actually really close to getting done apparantly. That was the RCB deal that fell through, as reported by several newspapers.

Now I think development rights are the way to go.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

fauowl said

What do you want them to do…say we are working with xyz company on a $1M per year deal?  Everyone wanting a naming rights deal would contact that company and say:  Give us your money, it is a better bang for your buck than FAU.  Or should they report there is nothing going on…so potential investors know the demand is low so they can low ball us on a deal?

There are so many companies out there that need or want to get out of deals right now due to the economy.  Let's not hand over any that we are working on.  That includes developmental deals as well.

Something will be reported when there is something firm to report.  Just because we are fans and support the University doesn't mean they should keep us in the loop on business deals…

Yawn…..
Back to the top

Any updates yet?

The said

fauowl said

Yawn…..

perfectly said…
Back to the top
Control functions: