Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Blue Shovel update

Add topic

Re: Blue Shovel update

Ditto Diehard, that was a mistake I deal with government on a regular basis and have actually had representatives from the same organization but different offices damn near get into a fight with each other because they had different opinions on a regulation.

Dowel has a great idea with the "Mitt" and as one of the original contributors to the cause I'm all for the money on the Mitts. They are safe, which means security at the stadiums and arena would have a problem with them. They can be taken on flights to away games and I think more adults that have children would be more willing to buy a foam mitt then even a plastic shovel. Don't get me wrong I think the Shovel is a great idea and you could have a shovel mitt that could be used for the Bury the Opponent at games. It would be dual purpose not just the symbolic purpose for the stadium.

Think of what is going on and future plans for FAU Building projects. The foam shovels mitt and owl mitt are items that i believe the fans would go crazy over. If you watched the USF v UCF game there were thousands of USF foam horns in the stands.  ;)

Back to the top

Just a quick note everybody. I am watching the USF/Syracuse game waiting for our game to start, and saw a USF player run on to the field, with all his teammates (to start the game) holding up a full size spade shovel (like what we are attempting to do) and the announcers made a specific comment about it. Looks like the idea is a good one after all. Apparently the player went to Head Coach Jim Levitt and advised him what he wanted to do, and he said great and endorsed the idea. It will be interesting to see if there Athletic department gives them as much help as we got from FAU's A/D ! It was about "digging in"  sound familiar to anybody !!! I'll give Coach Schnellenberger a shovel to hold up as we take the field. He can pass it to whom ever he feels can hold it the highest !

Just so everyone is updated, I am still pushing forward on this project and am working with "WinCraft" as they are an NCAA vendor for FAU. Things are very much in the works. I just fell out of my chair when I saw the USF squad coming out holding a Spade shovel high in the air as they took the field. They also showed and talked about it in the second half of the game.

Lets get this Owl Blue/Red Shovel Movement going ! Voice your opinion today, or tomorrow. Send the A/Dept an email !!! Get behind the Owl's Shovel ! Lets break ground, and dig in, and Bury the opponent !! For all of FAU Sports teams !! GO OWLSsssssss ! Send D-Owl your thoughts & support @ [email protected] !!!!!       
Back to the top

Did anybody see this yet ?

Check out my post from yesterday.
Back to the top

I will comment.  I donated to the original shovel movement.

Honestly, I am not that interested in donating to have a foam shovel made.  You had an idea and I applaud you for trying to put something together and I know the administration did nothing to help you but this thing was started before the season and now the season is nearing an end.  The home games are complete.  The stadium was approved if the finances can be raised.  Personally, my money is going to go to that effort.

Just my honest feedback.

You did a great job of trying to get attention for the stadium.  You accomplished that goal.  I think everyone will agree that you are not to blame for not getting the shovels.

For me…my money is going to go to the University to help grow this program.

Back to the top

tampas1owl said

…I am watching the USF/Syracuse game waiting for our game to start, and saw a USF player run on to the field, with all his teammates (to start the game) holding up a full size spade shovel (like what we are attempting to do) and the announcers made a specific comment about it. Looks like the idea is a good one after all

I think you meant to say "was" a good idea.
Back to the top

OWLman said

tampas1owl said

…I am watching the USF/Syracuse game waiting for our game to start, and saw a USF player run on to the field, with all his teammates (to start the game) holding up a full size spade shovel (like what we are attempting to do) and the announcers made a specific comment about it. Looks like the idea is a good one after all

I think you meant to say "was" a good idea.

There goes that idea.
Back to the top

Wheres the list of all the things you can donate towards for the stadium with the prices?
Back to the top

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

<br>The one and only, world famous checklist signature is back!
Back to the top

Blue Shovel update

RoscoeOwl said

Wheres the list of all the things you can donate towards for the stadium with the prices?

Got a couple mill to spare for naming rights? lol

RoscoeOwl Stadium

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owl09 said

I wonder if all that stuff is still for sale. The Innovation Village talk has been pretty quiet. The newest stadium renderings don't show any of it, although it could be a stadium-specific rendering.

I don't see the parking garages/retail in the CIP either… where were we getting the money to build the Innovation Village itself? The $12 million for the stadium will just secure us the $62 million bond for the stadium construction alone, right?
Back to the top
Control functions: