Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Blue Shovel update

Add topic

Re: Blue Shovel update

Don't forget you can also buy a brick. It's not on the sheet because the venture is not governed by the athletics department.

All profit from the bricks go towards a bank account that will be swept clean for the construction of the stadium.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

Don't forget you can also buy a brick. It's not on the sheet because the venture is not governed by the athletics department.

All profit from the bricks go towards a bank account that will be swept clean for the construction of the stadium.

Any update on the brick total in terms of $ generated??

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

owlfan1 said

Any update on the brick total in terms of $ generated??

GO OWLS!!!

It's generated funds. I don't know the number, but it isn't in the millions. LOL.  It was never meant to be a multimillion fund raiser, but instead, a show of strong support financially from students, fans and alumni that every dollar counts, even if we don't have the big $$ for naming rights.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Back to the top

Jab979 said

RoscoeOwl said

Wheres the list of all the things you can donate towards for the stadium with the prices?

Got a couple mill to spare for naming rights? lol

RoscoeOwl Stadium
That would be nice, however i didnt have our accountant put that in our budget this year. ;D.  I am however trying to figure something that may be feasible and can be written off. 
Back to the top

I had forgotten about the brick campaign.  Its a good idea, we need to figure a way to get it more publicized again.
Back to the top

RoscoeOwl said

I had forgotten about the brick campaign.  Its a good idea, we need to figure a way to get it more publicized again.

It should be on the front page of

>>>>>> Florida Atlantic University <<<<<<<<<<
Back to the top

The brick campaign is still going. However, this was initiated under the pretense that it was a student-run, student-advertised and student-centered brick campaign. It was two years ago when it first started, and there were people at FAU making decisions that aren't there now.

Now may be the time to re-visit the marketing efforts.

But we have to make sure that the brick campaign doesn't take away from already-exisiting marketing efforts such as the FAU NAA membership program and the Owl Club.

Back to the top

smittysahoot said

But we have to make sure that the brick campaign doesn't take away from already-exisiting marketing efforts such as the FAU NAA

What does that revenue fund exactly?
Back to the top

Operating budget for the Alumni association, it funds the many events that you'll be invited to should you join which give you an excellent opportunity to network with other professionals in the area, it goes toward the new Alumni Center, the FAU NAA has a group of scholarships for deserving students, and it's an opportunity to connect and support the university that's given you so much  ;)

There are a bunch of discounts that are also offered to members, like at the movies, geico, season tickets, most everything on campus like coyote jacks, starbucks and the bookstore. For a measly $40 a year it pays for itself AND you get to sleep at night know you're still truly connected to FAU.

www.faualumni.org
Back to the top

Very well said TeamBeer.

But I think one of the most important things the most active fans (FAUOWLSNEST members in my opinion) have to look at is the ability to take us to the next level - and "us" meaning the university as a whole.

We're not asking people to join the FAU NAA at $100 a year. It's $40 a year - which breaks down to $3.33 a month.

And when people write things about FAU being "non-traditional" or not having an "active alumni association."

Instead of pleading for them to stop saying that because we have more people going to more things and it's the alumni that are really helping to drive that… we can say…. look Mr./Mrs. critic, we have 5,000 paid members in our alumni association.

Plus, the FAU stuff you get when signing up (the tote bag and other goodies), probably adds up to $20 anyway… so you're getting tangible things as well.

And as TeamBeer said…. some people think that the "alumni association" doesn't do anything, or market their events, etc. They do….. but they will do MORE with additional revenue. The alumni association is only as good as it's members…

Back to the top
Control functions: