Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fly Over??

Add topic

Has anyone heard rumors of a fly over for the first game?
Back to the top

Re: Fly Over??

Yes. There will be a flyover, according to Angelos. All part of the "make it like a bowl game" atmosphere of the first game.
Back to the top

Plus an owl flyover… from the press box down to the field… though not a burrowing owl because no one would see it, but one of the larger species for every home game!

Back to the top

NCowl said

Plus an owl flyover… from the press box down to the field… though not a burrowing owl because no one would see it, but one of the larger species for every home game!

Yeah, that make sense…we're the Burrowing Owls, but lets have a snow Owl or the like ::)
Back to the top

I wonder what kind of Owl they plan on using…they really big Owls scare the crap out of me.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

I wonder what kind of Owl they plan on using…they really big Owls scare the crap out of me.

FAU to have live owl swoop to field before games
"It will be a Eurasian Eagle Owl, which stands about two feet tall and has a wingspan of about five feet."

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/blogs/owlthingsconsidered/2011/09/fau-to-have-live-owl-swoop-to-field-before-games.aspx

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Wow, people make fun of the Owl mascot…but that animal in that picture is awesome.

That being said, I am tired of hearing people from other schools mock us with the "hoot hoot" garbage.  Everybody remember this, EVERY logo/mascot is cool when you are winning big time (which we will someday, hopefully sooner than later).  Oregon is the ducks for crying out loud and that is suddenly cool when they are winning.

For our defense, FSU is a group of people that were completely dominated (but no longer pay taxes so I guess they win in the long run  ;D)…so that doesn't make any sense.  UF fans, whenever they say "hoot hoot" I respond "chomp chomp" which sounds just as ridiculous.  Miami, well I dont respond with talk of thier mascot…just the sanctions they are facing.

I will continue to do the "owl fingers" with pride…after all that mascot is actually on our campus, which is right next to the beach.  ;)

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

Wow, people make fun of the Owl mascot…but that animal in that picture is awesome.

UF fans, whenever they say "hoot hoot" I respond "chomp chomp" which sounds just as ridiculous. 

LMAO  ;D
Back to the top

Fly Over??

I went up with a group of people to the last FAU/UF game, not this past one, but the one before it.

As we're walking down the street wearing all our FAU stuff on game day, some UF fans say to us "Do you guys have a cheer or a chant that ya'll do?" So we said no, not really. So then they ask "Well then what do you guys have up there" so one of my friends responds ….. The beach and the ocean!

They were pretty silent after that and didn't know how to respond

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab we do have cheers and chants but people just need to participate/ learn them!

AEA
Back to the top
Control functions: