Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2019 C-USA Football Championship Thread - UAB @ FAU - Dec 7th, 1:30 PM

Add topic

Any updates on the tickets? Booked our flights, hotel and rent-a-car last night. Now just need some game tickets…..

Go Owls!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I know so little about uab that it makes me nervous.  I'm hoping Shane does some leg work and shares his opinion.  Vegas is a good gauge.  But I'm ignorant .
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2019, 7:42 AM #391417

Once you research them you won’t be very nervous anymore but I do believe they will have a new podcast this week to review the upcoming game.  In a nutshell, good D horrible O.  They scored 2 points against Southern Miss. QB has thrown almost as many ints as tds. I believe they have only beaten one team with a winning record.  Not trying to bash UAB, much better year than expected but just facts.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I know so little about uab that it makes me nervous.  I'm hoping Shane does some leg work and shares his opinion.  Vegas is a good gauge.  But I'm ignorant .
All conference preseason running back Spencer Brown is banged up.
Their best win outside of beating La Tech with suspended players is 4 win UTSA. 

My only worry is if the offense struggles a bit like it did against USM and it falls on a game we don’t force turnovers.

We will have more on the preview pod later this week.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

Any updates on the tickets? Booked our flights, hotel and rent-a-car last night. Now just need some game tickets…..

Go Owls!
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2019, 8:35 AM #391419

Call the ticket office. There are plenty available. Alvin took care of mine in my same seats as my season tickets and got my parking pass handled.
Back to the top

robertd.cb.fl said

cbboarder said

Go Owls!
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2019, 8:35 AM #391419

Call the ticket office. There are plenty available. Alvin took care of mine in my same seats as my season tickets and got my parking pass handled.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2019, 10:09 AM #391422

Thanks! We're good to go.
Back to the top

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

My only worry is if the offense struggles a bit like it did against USM and it falls on a game we don’t force turnovers.

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2019, 8:49 AM #391421

My main worry is we draw a bowl game with a strong opponent and Kiffin leaves right after cusa championship and were playing appalachian state or navy with an acting coach.
Back to the top

What if Lane Kiffin staying at FAU came down to us bringing 20k fans to this game this weekend?

:Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Any predictions on the crowd size?  I had already purchased 2 tickets for my daughter and myself, and the same day she sent me a text where as a student she could have gotten a couple of tickets for $5 each!!!  I hope with it being before finals and after Thanksgiving break LOTS of students take advantage of that price and show up. 

And will the student section stay behind the UAB bench, or will the conference have a say and possibly move them?
Back to the top

voss749 said

Shane Marinelli OC40 said

Local Owl said

Posted On: Dec 3rd 2019, 8:49 AM #391421

My main worry is we draw a bowl game with a strong opponent and Kiffin leaves right after cusa championship and were playing appalachian state or navy with an acting coach.
Posted On: Dec 3rd 2019, 7:28 PM #391424

The Bowl game is the least of the concerns.
The weekend of the 13-15th is one of the most important recruiting weekends of the year.

Early Signing period starts the 19th. 

More and more kids are signing wale each year.

Lane leaving and a few de-commits could have us in a tough position trying to fill spots with quality players in February.
Back to the top

This is my only concern about this whole coaching thing.
Back to the top
Control functions: