Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Game Week Thread: FAU @ #2 Alabama - 09/06/14 @ 12:00 PM

Add topic

The Matchup: Florida Atlantic (0-1) vs. #2 Alabama (1-0)

The Series: Crimson Tide 1-0

09/22/12 L 40-7

When: Saturday, September 6th @ 12:00 PM

Where: Bryant-Denny Stadium

TV: SEC Network - 727, 486 Comcast

Video: None

Crimson Tide Team Site: Here

Ticket Info: 1-866-FAU-OWLS

Visitor's Info: Things to Do in Tuscaloosa, AL

Current Stadium Weather: Here

Opening Line: FAU +39

Latest Line: Here
Back to the top

The opening line of +39 is FAU's second highest. The Owls opened against UGA at +41.5 back in 2012.
Back to the top

Coah Partridge's Week Two Presser:

OF NOTE:

- Owls resume regular practice schedule (5:45)

- Quez Johnson and D'Joun Smith are day-to-day, and will continue to be evaluated (10:30).

- May see changes in playing time based on how well some guys did against Nebraska.

Back to the top

As athletes representing our school, I want to believe the boys will go to Tuscaloosa and battle with bravado and warrior ethos but I'm resentful of these games.

Play smart, hit hard and come home healthy with amnesia.
Back to the top

Bama fans get to watch their team play Florida Atlantic.

Yes, THAT Florida Atlantic team.

The same team that lost to Nebraska by 48 points over the weekend. The Florida Atlantic Owls. Yes, even their mascot has no intimidation factor. But don't tell any of that to Nick Saban.

"Why is the external factor of who you're playing have anything to do with how you play," Saban said. "So that means if we're playing against Michael Jordan, we play our best game. But if we're playing against another old basketball player, then we play just like another old basketball player. Is that your thinking on this? Because it's not mine. And if it's our players thinking, I can tell you right now I'm going to be pretty (censored) about it."

Saban wants his team to take FAU seriously - Alabamas13.com WVTM-TV Birmingham, AL
Back to the top

Hi! Bama fan here (living in Colorado). Thanks to your admins and the rest of you for letting me on. I seriously doubt we'll win by 39. I'm thinking more like 18-19 maybe. We have some serious kinks to work out. Now, I definitely hope we don't lose but I will say best of luck to you guys and your season. Not sure what you guys say but I'll give you a "Go Owls!"

All the best,
TBG
Back to the top

theballguy said

. I seriously doubt we'll win by 39. I'm thinking more like 18-19 maybe. We have some serious kinks to work out. Now, I definitely hope we don't lose but I will say best of luck to you guys and your season. Not sure what you guys say but I'll give you a "Go Owls!"

Posted On: Sep 2nd 2014, 9:22 AM #333959

I will take a loss to Alabama by 18-19 anyday!
 :Yawn:
Back to the top

To be perfectly honest, I'll take a win by 18-19 over ANY team :) We were supposed to beat WV by 29 but that evidently didn't happen for a number of reasons. I say 18 because I would never ever bet on a 30+ spread. I felt we had a very good team last season but we struggled mightily with Colorado St until the last 5 minutes of the game (who we were supposed to beat by 30).

At any rate, I'm seeing 7 wins for you guys:

Tulsa (not who they were in the past few seasons)
UTSA
FIU
WKy
NTexas
MTenn
Old Dominion

and maybe one upset.

What do you guys think or am I off?
Back to the top

theballguy said

To be perfectly honest, I'll take a win by 18-19 over ANY team :) We were supposed to beat WV by 29 but that evidently didn't happen for a number of reasons. I say 18 because I would never ever bet on a 30+ spread. I felt we had a very good team last season but we struggled mightily with Colorado St until the last 5 minutes of the game (who we were supposed to beat by 30).

At any rate, I'm seeing 7 wins for you guys:

Tulsa (not who they were in the past few seasons)
UTSA
FIU
WKy
NTexas
MTenn
Old Dominion

and maybe one upset.

What do you guys think or am I off?
Posted On: Sep 2nd 2014, 10:40 AM #333963

So, you see us losing to Wyoming?  I can understand Marshall. UAB, who knows. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

theballguy said

Hi! Bama fan here (living in Colorado). Thanks to your admins and the rest of you for letting me on. I seriously doubt we'll win by 39. I'm thinking more like 18-19 maybe. We have some serious kinks to work out. Now, I definitely hope we don't lose but I will say best of luck to you guys and your season. Not sure what you guys say but I'll give you a "Go Owls!"

All the best,
TBG
Posted On: Sep 2nd 2014, 9:22 AM #333959

Welcome to the Forum!
Back to the top
Control functions: