Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

June Jones

Add topic

June Jones is expected to resign as the Hawaii coach
Back to the top

Re: JUNE JONES

fins09065 said

actually according to ESPN Jones is going to accept the offer from SMU…Hawaii.. beaches, amazing women, great weather… or Texas…. tough one there lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

fins09065 said

actually according to ESPN Jones is going to accept the offer from SMU…Hawaii.. beaches, amazing women, great weather… or Texas…. tough one there lol

here goes the former ucf AD trying to make it on the scene again…

wait, the DOH-erty thing didnt work, maybe this will:

Uh, no…….
Back to the top

hahaha why would anyone in their right mind leave Hawaii for Texas? I'm surprised Atlanta didn't try and hire him back can't do much worse then Petrino lol

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

hahaha why would anyone in their right mind leave Hawaii for Texas? I'm surprised Atlanta didn't try and hire him back can't do much worse then Petrino lol

He's leaving palm trees, beaches, Hula skirts, and rainbows for Tumbleweed???  Please start drug testing coaches he has to be on something. :o
Back to the top

Re: June Jones

It's obvious why he's leaving HI for SMU.

1.  A school that will be committed to winning.  SMU is a private school with lots of money.
2.  Better facilities.  See second sentence of #1.  It's no secret that HI has the worst facilities.  It took their QB calling them out on it last year for them to start making changes.
3.  Anonymity.  In HI he was a rock star, everyone knew him.  SMU is located in Dallas.  He will be a small fish in a big pond.
4.  $$$ and not his paycheck.  The recruiting budget at HI was $50,000.00.  Really?  What the hell are you gonna do with 50 large?  SMU will invest in recruiting the best players to return a once proud program to prominence.
5.  School support.  The AD at HI is/was GAHBAGE and is going to be fired.  They waited until June Jones was about to put pen to paper to start negotiating for him to stay in Honolulu.  Uh, your coach just took you to the top of the mountain.  As soon as he completed the undefeated reg. season they should have crowned him out there.
6.  $$$ for himself.  I believe he just quadrupled his salary.  Considering taxes and the extremely HIGH cost of living in HI, he more like sextupled his income.

So those are 6 starter points why he would leave Honolulu for Dallas, which is no tumbleweed town.
Back to the top

June Jones

But its Hawaii.  Hawaii, man!

Like things, love people.
Back to the top

I agree with SigEp. Plain and simple - cost of living.

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I'm thinking there was no way he wanted to go to UF next year with that team after talking all that trash about Tebow.  The reality check during their bowl game may have brought him to his senses.  Also he has complained before about the facilities at Hawaii.  Of course it could be rock fever (ask anyone that has moved to Hawaii)…  But I bet it is the $$$$$$
Back to the top

Rock Fever and dollars. Hotel is right. Hawai'i is a wonderful place to visit, but….
Back to the top
Control functions: