Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2014 Owls In The NFL: Regular Season Games Discussion

Add topic

I can see that. That in my opinion is a problem we had with our D last year. When we had to 4-2-5 sets (most of the time) the 2 LB's had really better be big strong run stoppers to back up the D line or the other O will run like crazy, which they did!

Also, when ya play the 2 LB's INSIDE the ends, there is NO support on the outside on the run, which forces you to play zone so the DB's can face forward more to see to come up and stop the run. Otherwise, playing man coverage, their back are turned too long chasing their man, and then there is ZERO run support until 10 yards are already gained MINIMUM! And the opposing QB should be able to read this immediately just by how and where we have the 2 LB's set-up, an easy read to check off to a better play selection with a higher percentage of a significant yards gaining play, run or pass!

NOT GOOD and it showed LOTS OF TIME last year.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I can see that. That in my opinion is a problem we had with our D last year. When we had to 4-2-5 sets (most of the time) the 2 LB's had really better be big strong run stoppers to back up the D line or the other O will run like crazy, which they did!

Also, when ya play the 2 LB's INSIDE the ends, there is NO support on the outside on the run, which forces you to play zone so the DB's can face forward more to see to come up and stop the run. Otherwise, playing man coverage, their back are turned too long chasing their man, and then there is ZERO run support until 10 yards are already gained MINIMUM! And the opposing QB should be able to read this immediately just by how and where we have the 2 LB's set-up, an easy read to check off to a better play selection with a higher percentage of a significant yards gaining play, run or pass!

NOT GOOD and it showed LOTS OF TIME last year.
Posted On: Jan 10th 2015, 10:57 AM #340650

Well I guess carolina didn't have that issue as they won the game;) having two of the best linebackers in the NFL on the roster probably allows them that flexability.
Back to the top

And a strong D-line too. I felt our Capt. Kirk was out there on his own last year!

Very afraid that will be the teams achilles this year, unless one of our young LB's steps up and gets in the opposing backfield to disupt thier plays this year. Stop reacting and start MAKING plays!
Back to the top

FINAL:

Panthers 17  Seahawks 31

Adarius Glanton finished with one tackle, becoming the first Owl to register one in an NFL playoff game.
Back to the top

Alfred Morris had a good day in the Pro Bowl.

Morris ran for 29 yards off of five carries, and also caught four passes for 29 yards.

Back to the top

Well this is actually Owls in the new USFL per their new draft;

BJ Emmons and John Franklin to Tampa Bay Bandits

Andrew Soroh to Houston Gamblers

Congrats and good luck guys!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Well this is actually Owls in the new USFL per their new draft;

BJ Emmons and John Franklin to Tampa Bay Bandits

Andrew Soroh to Houston Gamblers

Congrats and good luck guys!
Posted On: Feb 24th 2022, 3:39 PM #406874