Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FIU's new football fieldhouse

FIU's new football fieldhouse

opens in July

The FIU football team will step into its new state-of-the-art fieldhouse in July, and now that fieldhouse has a name – the R. Kirk Landon Football Fieldhouse.

FIU named the new two-story, 50,000 square-foot headquarters of its football program after trustee R. Kirk Landon, in appreciation of his $1 million donation to Golden Panthers football.

''This is just the latest example of Trustee Landon's contributions to FIU and its athletic programs,'' FIU athletic director Pete Garcia said. ``His leadership and financial support have helped us build a successful athletics program. We thank him for helping make the fieldhouse a reality.''

Read Full Story
Back to the top

Re: FIU's new football fieldhouse

Bytor said

opens in July

The FIU football team will step into its new state-of-the-art fieldhouse in July, and now that fieldhouse has a name – the R. Kirk Landon Football Fieldhouse.

FIU named the new two-story, 50,000 square-foot headquarters of its football program after trustee R. Kirk Landon, in appreciation of his $1 million donation to Golden Panthers football.

''This is just the latest example of Trustee Landon's contributions to FIU and its athletic programs,'' FIU athletic director Pete Garcia said. ``His leadership and financial support have helped us build a successful athletics program. We thank him for helping make the fieldhouse a reality.''

Read Full Story

Amazing how they just keep building football structures and we keep building excuses on why we cant.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Agree,

We just dont seem to have the donor lined up for atheletics.

I know we have them for other programs.

Its funny cause S. Florida usually loves a winner, and lord knows FIU hasnt been that while FAU has.

Makes me wonder what the rain makers at FAU are doing.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Agree,

We just dont seem to have the donor lined up for atheletics.

I know we have them for other programs.

Its funny cause S. Florida usually loves a winner, and lord knows FIU hasnt been that while FAU has.

Makes me wonder what the rain makers at FAU are doing.
They're making a stadium deal happen!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

No offense Smitty,

But ive been hearing that for 8 years now.  ;D

And the field house is PART of FIU's stadium so it falls under general stadium rant as well.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

A million bucks in the kitty and they can't even field a cheerleading team or pep band? It makes no sense.
Back to the top
Control functions: