Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football: SBC Action Oct. 24th...

Here's the list of Sun Belt games on tap for today…

WKU at Middle Tennessee (Sun Belt Network) - 3:30 p.m.

North Texas at Troy (Troy/ISP Network) - 3:30 p.m.

Florida Atlantic at Louisiana-Lafayette - 5 p.m.

FIU at Arkansas State - 7 p.m.

ULM at Kentucky - 7 p.m. (Fox Sports Net)
Back to the top

Re: Football: SBC Action Oct. 24th...

Hopefully the FIU game today ends the nonsense that FIU is some greatly improved team.  They will eventually be a good team in the Belt, but until they prove something, they are nothing. 
Back to the top

Football: SBC Action Oct. 24th...

Results:

WKU at Middle Tennessee - 62-24

North Texas at Troy - 50-26

Florida Atlantic at Louisiana-Lafayette - 51-29

FIU at Arkansas State - 27-10

ULM at Kentucky - 36-13
Back to the top

fauowl said

Hopefully the FIU game today ends the nonsense that FIU is some greatly improved team.  They will eventually be a good team in the Belt, but until they prove something, they are nothing.

That is exactly what I have been saying since June.  Everyone keeps saying how much they have improved and how tough they will be etc., but they once again have done nothing, nada, zilch, zippo…they stink as usual. (now we just better beat them ;))

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

That is exactly what I have been saying since June.  Everyone keeps saying how much they have improved and how tough they will be etc., but they once again have done nothing, nada, zilch, zippo…they stink as usual. (now we just better beat them ;))

Right. They are 1-6, 1-3 in the SBC. That's a win over WKU but way knocked out of contention for Belt title. They could still storm back and finish 5-7 but that would mean beating us and everyone else except UF.

So it's not unreasonable to predict 2-10 for them if they can beat North Texas (also 1-6 right now). From what I gather, T.Y. Hilton has been limited due to injury (he's day to day) and that has limited their offense a bit.

Not that we're guaranteed anything either. I know we are 2-4 (two field goals and we would have been 4-2) and there's always the possibility we finish 3-9. But I sincerely hope that's not the case.
Back to the top
Control functions: