Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2004 Recruiting needs

Here's my take on what we need to really address some missing pieces for next year. Most of the positions will be evaluated because of the heavy laden senior team situation. Time to get in some new blood.
But next year's immediate wish list will include:

Defense:
BEEFY linemen! Two 6'7 280 DL would be a blessing ;D
OL #70 Nello Faulk would make a great converted DL with a few more pounds added.

SS: 6'2+ 210lbs. The undersized LB who just drops back into coverage and can also bring the pain :o

Offense:
Scrambling QB! Yep! The one who comes in and everyone knows he's going to run for short yardage. BUT, he can aslo throw the short pass too.

Maybe two 300+ O-lineman to fill some need on the run.

True FB in every aspect of the position. 6'3+ 250lbs and runs a 4.7 40. :o

TE: 6'5 240-260lbs who can allow for Crissinger Hill to move out in the slot more.

Special teams:
Tellis will be great at P/R if given the job again. He will often make the 1st man miss .

Would be nice to have these type players next year.

Any other type of players that I missed, or are we OK as is?
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting needs

I think the biggest recruiting needs are still the offensive and especially, defensive lines. Both held up well this past year, but they need to be bigger and stronger to compete consistently at the next level. Other than that, I think they just have to keep building depth. Most of the skill positions on offense are pretty set, but you can never have too many good players, no matter what the position.
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting needs

I have heard many times the skill positions are the easiest to fill. The OL and DL are the hardest. Especially the DL. Big guys that can are quick are hard to find and can usually get a spot on teams with bigger reputations than FAU or Ark. St.(my school). I do hope you get what you need unless it is the same guy we are going after. :D
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting needs

Any word on how recruiting is going for you guys? Any verbals yet? or JC signees?
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting needs

The only position that I think is absolutely needed is Punter, wasn't Rosas a senior? Winning the field position is a big part of the game.

As for a wish list, I would like some bigger receivers, we have speed, but no real size. Upgrading the size of our linemen is also necessary to compete with most 1-A teams.

The best thing is that this year's recruits should be able to sit and learn (unless they are that much better), since we will be a senior heavy team. Finally we have seniors instead of "very talented, but inexperienced" players.
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting needs

2004 Recruiting needs

Well we defenitely need size on OL & DL, I think
the return of RB D. James will make things interesting in
spring, he was have a great spring till the injury last
year. QB - Embick seems to scramble better then
Allen. I haven't heard much about new recruites, but
from what I hear the OL & DL lines are a big part of
the process especially on Defense. We are getting
a lot of out of state interest from recruits, should be
interesting how everything play out.
Back to the top

2004 Recruiting needs

Not a bad spot to be in,huh? Coach need to see if any of the cornbread and beef eatin' midwestern players are buried inside of those tapes. The linemen are built in the heartland for later conditioning in Fla.. :)

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/auto/epaper/editions/sunday/sports_04a0106207c8221000c6.html
Back to the top
Control functions: