Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2004 schedule

Before FAU joined the Sun Belt, I believe that the team was scheduled to host both James Madison and Illinois State in 2004. However, I am not sure if those games will be played now - with the conference affiliation.
Back to the top

2004 schedule

Once the team meets the conference requirements, they still have to fill in some dates. Last year's rumors mentioned a few other schools they would try to get this year or the near future.
Kentucky,Louisville and UNLV. Of course then there's Coach Schnell's connections with "Bama ;D
Back to the top

2004 schedule

Has a tentative 2004 schedule been released yet?

I know we have games scheduled away at Florida, Akron, North Texas, Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana-Lafayette, Troy State, and New Mexico State.

Home games are scheduled against Arkansas State, Idaho, and Utah State.

Though the conference home and away schedule is likely to change.

Also, speaking of James Madison University, I wonder if the Olson twins ever enrolled there like they had planned?
Back to the top

2004 schedule

This is just speculations, but I hear that we do have
3 1-AA games requirements for this year, Also
that our schedule is now in the hands of the Sun-belt
in trying to work game ins, some problems had to be
worked out - early indications are, we may play N. Texas
early in the season and possibly Troy St.
Back to the top

2004 schedule

Is there any talk about us playing Florida A&M??? I've seen them outdraw FSU down in Miami, plus they are moving to 1-A as well(I think they are one year ahead). I think they would be a good other FL team for us to play(Big draw, not far to travel in a home-and-home series), and a good addition to the Sun Belt conference. What are your thoughts on this?
Back to the top

2004 schedule

There are currently no FAMU talk this year. Their 2004 schedule is already set. OKLa,Ill,SMU and some other big draws are in place.
As far as the Sun Belt, FAMU made some unflattering comments awhile back about not joining this conference. They don't have many options because
C-USA, MAC or the BE don't want them. They will go IND for a few years till something open up.

The FAU/FAMU game would have been great. They have a tremendous following. The home and away would make alot of money for both teams.
I think they have FIU this year in Miami. That will bring a lot of local support for the Rattlers in Miami.
Back to the top

2004 schedule

2004 schedule

I tried to start a new thread, but it wouldn't allow me for some reason, but how are the views in Lockhart from the sidelines. I ordered my season tickets on the 7th, and got section 104 (I was told between the 40 and 50) row 6, seats 3-4. Are these high enough to see over the players and coaches??
I'm looking forward to sitting with the rest of the alumni since last year I was still sitting in the student section. Some of those students like the big fraternity still haven't learned when or how to cheer…it was pretty bad that against Colgate, Jared Allen had to ask Sig Ep to quiet down when we had the ball at our own 4 :(. Hopefully in the years to come, most fans will learn to make noise when we are on defense, and be quiet to help out the offense.
Back to the top

2004 schedule

Those seem like great seats. I've sat in row 3 on the sideline at Lockhart and had no problem, but i guess depends on how tall you are. I agree, we need to teach people when to make noise and when not too! ??? I remember Schnellenberger mentioning that a few times during the year as well.
Back to the top

2004 schedule

Row 6 should be fine

I remember at the beginning of the season it was the opposite, we couldn't get enough crowd participation.
In time this will correct itself, at least the crowd is getting involved more - The playoff had everybody
pretty hype-up.

Back to the top

2004 schedule

Thanks, I'm looking forward to next season and good seats. I got rid of my dolphins tix, saved money, and got better seats for what I believe to be more entertaining football ;D!
This might be stupid, but was anyone else bothered when our band would play the Gooooo Ge-or-gia Buull-dogs?? It was great to hear our own fight song which I like, and the FAU rap song they created was quite catchy as well….I was just a little bothered that we were taking stuff that was identified with other universities (although FIU plays "Eye of the Tiger" and they are panthers).
Back to the top
Control functions: