Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Updated Recruit List

From the Sun Sentinel:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-blustein27jan27,0,7981630.story?coll=sfla-sports-headlines

FLORIDA ATLANTIC: Ricky Bethel, DB, Pasadena CC (Calif.), Santaluces; Darren Coney, WR, 5-10, 180, Boyd Anderson; Brad Gagne, LB; 6-1, 217, Palm Beach Gardens; Anthony Heard, athlete, 6-0, 190, Taravella; Vinnie Henderson, DL, 6-3, 255, South Plantation; Brandon Jackson, OL, 6-3, 260, Chaminade-Madonna; Jarrett McDonald, OL, 6-6, 310, Flanagan; Frantz Simeon, WR, 5-9, 180, Palm Beach Gardens.

I don't know much about these players, but I like the size we are adding on the O-Line. I'm sure we'll be adding more on the D-Line as well.
Back to the top

Updated Recruit List

Thanks for the update fauowls44.
I tacked it to the top. I'll try to keep the latest and most recent recruit info at the top of the board until the signing period is over in April.

The O-line is looking good with the new beef boys. The D is sure to follow. A few 280lb+ D linemen will seal the deal. ;D
Back to the top

Updated Recruit List

Updated Recruit List

Here are a few more that have committed:

Kyle Langford, 6'4", 183 WR from Centennial
(maybe converted to TE)
Jervonte Jackson 6'3", 270 OL N. Miami Beach
Charles Pierre 5'9" 200 RB Orlando-Lake Highland
Kris Rush 6'3" 200 RB Tallahassee-Chiles
Antonio Hall 6'1" 265 DL Bradford County
E.J. Jones 6'3" 230 LB Southwest Miami

They also plan to host 10 more recruits this weekend.

This looks to be a big signing class.
Back to the top

Updated Recruit List

They're making great strides in filling up some space on the line. That's good.
It'll probably take a year or so before we can compete in signing the true 300+ linemen.
The new guys will put on some weight once they hit the weight room this summer anyway.

The 6'4 WR need about 50lbs if they're thinking about a TE spot though.. :)
Back to the top

Updated Recruit List

This class does have some nice numbers, both in quantity and quality. I remember reading somewhere that this should be an enormous class with moving up to I-A and the increase in scholarships it allows.
Back to the top

Updated Recruit List

I think this year philosophy is different then in the past.
They seem to be going after all the top talent even the one's being recruited by the big schools (UF,FSU, Miami…). In years past the signing class were small and more focused to certain positions and the top talent that was left. The increase in scholarship and the move to D-1A definetlely has had an impact, but so has our success in the playoffs.
Back to the top

Updated Recruit List

Winning does help,huh? :D

Owls anticipate a top-notch recruiting class

By Ted Hutton
STaff Writer
Posted February 1 2004

BOCA RATON ? After getting a late start due to a three-week run to the semifinals of the Division I-AA playoffs, Florida Atlantic coaches have been scrambling to land recruits for their biggest class since they started building the team from scratch four years ago.

"We're going to have a top-notch class," said FAU assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator Kurt Van Valkenburgh, "and it will be a big one."

The Owls have oral commitments from more than a dozen players, and are hosting 12 more this weekend and plan to sign more than 20 players. Wednesday is the first day players can sign letters-of-intent.

FAU had been limited to 63 scholarships during its first three seasons since it was in I-AA, but the Owls will begin the transition to I-A this year and will be allowed to have 85 players on scholarship.

FAU was 11-3 last season and had a 10-game win streak that ended with the semifinal loss at Lockhart Stadium to Colgate that was televised on ESPN. Van Valkenburgh said the exposure from the playoffs, along with the move to I-A, created more interest among recruits and allowed the Owls to get higher caliber players.

FAU has commitments from two players from Palm Beach Gardens, and Gardens coach Tim Tharp said the Owls' recent success was a factor.

"Winning helps," Tharp said. "That and being able to stay near home and eventually play Division I. Every kid wants to be a Division I player."

Linebacker Brad Gagne (6 feet 1, 217 pounds) and wide receiver Frantz Simeon (5-9, 180) are the Gardens players expected to join the Owls.

"Those are two great kids," Tharp said. "I think [FAU] was hoping to get one of the two, but they ended up with both of them."
Back to the top

Updated Recruit List

Another verbal jumped out at me today. The defensive beef have arrived.. ;D

Ben Burgess, DL, 6-1, 310, Oakland Park Northeast.
Back to the top

Updated Recruit List

Here are three more Oral's:

McKinson Souverain, QB from Atlantic, Class 5A All-State
2,500 All purpose yard - 27 TD's

Nick Paris, Center from Palm Bay 6-2, 295 5A All-State
and played Cal Florida All-Star game

Stevie Williams, CB Chaminade-Madonna 5-10 165
also played RB & excelled on SP Teams
Back to the top
Control functions: