Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2004 Schedule Update

From the Miami Herald:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/colleges/florida_atlantic_university/7812589.htm

When Florida Atlantic announced it was joining the Sun Belt Conference, a full slate of conference games was expected in 2004.

While the complete schedule has not been released, commissioner Wright Waters confirmed via telephone Tuesday that FAU and Florida International, which also announced football membership in the Sun Belt, will play a limited conference schedule in 2004.

''I don't think either has a full allotment of games because they already had some games scheduled,'' Waters said. ``We were able to provide both some games.''

As part of the move from Division I-AA to I-A, FAU and FIU will have to schedule four home games against I-A opponents for the 2005 season. They are expected to fulfill that requirement by playing a complete Sun Belt schedule, beginning in 2005.

FIU plans to announce its schedule next week. FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger said the Owls would release their schedule after they fill it.

University of Hawaii officials said they have discussed playing host to FAU in the opener Sept. 4.

My guess is we'll have 2 Sun Belt home games and FIU, which i'm not sure counts as a D-IA game or not. If we can't get the 4 D-IA home games this year, it would be nice to get some good D-IAA schools…it would be nice to go back on the I-AA board after some wins against the "top" schools in their division. ;D

Looks like confirmation of the Hawaii trip too.
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.. ;D

Looks like things will come together for us real soon.
My guess is that the FIU game probably will not count as a D1-A game because of their transition period too.

You were on the 1-AA board???? So was I. I posted over there as "KALCA."

I got tired of fighting battles over there. They seemed so, as a friend said "Chicken Little", about anyone who wanted to leave.
I would love to schedule McNeese State, Delaware, Ga Southern,Montana(here of course)UMASS or App State. All who talked trash about our chances on the next level.
Would also love another shot at Colgate too.
They are the best in D1-AA and it would be nice to see how we measure up with them.

Hawaii rumor is true huh.. :) :) :) :) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Time to start saving the quarters I guess :P
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

From O.G.

I would love to schedule McNeese State, Delaware, Ga Southern,Montana(here of course)UMASS or App State. All who talked trash about our chances on the next level.
Would also love another shot at Colgate too.

Out of all those schools I think McNeese State is the only one that showed any kind of class, at least they
could admit that they where not the best team even thought they where ranked #1 most of the year.
As far as colgate is concern - no comment.

McNeese State, Ga Southern both will should have interesting years with McNeese St. having a young team and GA Southern having some changes in the coaching ranks following a disappointing year.

I would also love to play anyone of those schools, if you want to be the best, play the best and just to show them what FAU Football is all about.
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

Both FAU and FIU will count as I-A games as long as they have officially declared their move to the upper division.

Troy State's transition year saw it travel to Nebraska (led the game for awhile), Miami (close game until the fourth quarter), Miss. State (a Trojan victory) and other I-A schools. All counted TSU as I-A games.
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

2004 Schedule Update

I wondered about the "officially declared" vs the transition year status of teams moving up.

So as long as FAU and FIU have declared, they are counted as D1-A games.
Thanks
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

FAU will play at North Texas on September 11, 2004. North Texas released its schedule yesterday. The Sun Belt website (SUNBELTSPORTS.ORG) will be posting 2004 member schedules as they become available.
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

I had a chance to talk to coach Van about the schedule
and the only game in concrete are: Hawaii 9/4 and
N.Texas 9/11. The rest is up in the air and it will be another 6-8 weeks before we know anything. It will be
a 1-A schedule with very few 1-AA games, they are trying to get out of those contracts. Some of the possibilities, Troy St and Lousiana-Monroe - A strong Sun-Belt shcedule from the look's of it. Looks like we are looking at 4-5 home game possibly a 6th and that is including the FIU game.
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

So I guess we have to go to the other websites to get a glance at our schedule huh?
Coach Van has his work cut out for him if he's trying to get out of the D1-AA contracts. We are not on their X-Mas list anyway. I'm sure they'll throw whatever wrench in the mix that they feel necessary

North Texas was rep of the SunBelt in the New Orleans Bowl.
To be the best you have to play the best!

I'm glad Hawaii is confirmed already. 8-)
Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

With the exception of Utah State, I don't think any Sunbelt school has released its schedule yet. I know Troy State hasn't.

See: http://www.troystate.com

Back to the top

2004 Schedule Update

Back to the top
Control functions: