Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Just a Thought

With all the controversy surrounding Willie Williams, if the 'CANES and other established I-A teams scare away, do you think FAU should, and would he consider staying at home if other major schools can't/won't let him keep a scholarship? Sorry for the run-on sentence (I'm in Med School, not English Grad School),…..just want to see some opinions!!
Back to the top

Just a Thought

For one thing Miami took a chance when they signed him, they had to know about his probation violations and that just the start of the mess. It will be interesting to see if Miami pulls his scholarship. I believe
all the big schools will stay away from him because
of the bad publicity. I don't belive FAU would pursue
him for the sole reason that he may not be a team player, but on the other hand could help boost the
attendance. A little controversy seems to generate
a ton of publicity.
Back to the top

Just a Thought

Just a Thought

I believe that all three Fla schools and Auburn knew about his past during the recruiting period.
Why did UF wait until after he signed with UM to make his arrest in Gainseville, public?
FSU and UM probably would have done the same thing if he went somewhere else.

FAU need to avoid the bad publicity on this one. They say they recruit "character as well as athletes" when they visit potential homes. They balked on a very good athlete with a checkered past . He went to another school (who shall remain nameless) and has since been dismissed from the team. Also FAU have diciplined and released players who have done a lot less than Willie has.

Willie will land on his feet somewhere in a strong D1-A program. Watch.
Back to the top
Control functions: