Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Ways to ...

increase attendance at Lockhart next year:

Idea's for Half-Time Shows:

5) Hooter Girls -vs- Owls Cheer Team
Mudwrestling contest

& let not forget the young Owls fans:
Sponge Bod -vs- the Owl Mascot

4) Justin & Janet - Act II

3) Lingerie Bowl

2) David Cooperfield preformance:
Fills all empty seats with Lingerie Models

and Finally,

1) Require all Students to attend (2) games as a
requirement to graduate. (Ok , so this is not a half
time show, but could work).
Back to the top

Ways to ...

You think this will work? :D
Back to the top

Ways to ...

We could always showcase new, up and coming bands from the area or state during halftime as a free concert. This state has had many recent bands started in it. 8-)
Back to the top

Ways to ...

…Or the Athletic Department could advertise at least a little bit. I thought I heard FAU was working on getting some kind of ad campaign together? They better get it going soon, or else they will lose another year of attendance. I attend my fair share of FAU sporting events (mostly Football and Baseball…some Basketball), but if I were dependant on the on-campus-buzz alone, I don't think I would make it to any. The announcement of sports at FAU is almost nonexistant, besides the random poster or two. I realize this is a commuter school for the most part, but come on FAU…do something to evoke a little school spirit/pride.
Back to the top

Ways to ...

Good points. FAU sports almost seem like a secretive society of events.
That need to be corrected before the season starts. The Sun Belt move had to be accomplished with knowledge of increased fundings. Designate a LOT to advertisements and media previews. Get the word out on upcomming games and sporting events.

It may just attract the curious non-committal fans who may return.
Back to the top

Ways to ...

Are agree that the buzz around campus is non-existant which I don't understand. We are getting more students involved, but some sort of rally need to be put together to raise that awareness. Besides Football, we have a pretty good Baseball and softball team. I know that this a commuters school, but something can be done to get students involved in their school. First of all, if you make the choice of going to FAU for an education, why can't you be equally proud of the institution by showing support and support its many activities and team sports.
Back to the top

Ways to ...

The basketball fans used to be a not so secret society of myself and two of my friends representing the students. A few years ago we counted a loss less than 20pts as a win. Our goal was to have fun picking on the refs and other players (one from GA State threated one of my friends after taunting). Football has more fans though, so the refs don't hear us as much. :'(
I think that some advertising should be done now. Get people to buy season tickets now and keep FAU fresh in everyone's mind. If we wait till our first home game (as it follows a tough road swing) it might be too late to capitalize on last year's success for an attendance boost.
Back to the top

Ways to ...

I spoke on this issue last year with the Sports Information department.

They said that we were saving our resources for this coming season. FAU did not want to lose money last year via TV deals or misplaced advertisement. We weren't on at all last year during the regular season.

Somehow it worked out that the 4th year would bring more bargaining power for FAU and give us time to increase the advertisement funds. The gamble paid off with the very sucessful season we had.
The previuos year's fund raising "Corvette Gate" would die down and the people would return.

The funds are flowing again!

Let's get the word out NOW. Especially with the baseball and softball teams playing good competetive ball right now. Then flow right into March football spring practice for football. ;D
Back to the top

Ways to ...

I agree with you there O.G., the awareness needs to
start now with the students, alumni's and community.
Once the awareness is there and I believe last year success has made a huge difference, we then need to turn that not only into interest, but participation.

IMO, with the move to D-1A I'm sure the Atheletic Depart. is planning something huge with marketing
to address attendance and everything else. We may
start seeing something after the schedule becomes
official and starting with spring practices, usually that
when they start the season ticket drive.
Back to the top

Ways to ...

Ways to ...

Is there any talk of having FAU football on TV? Last year flipping through the channels I saw FIU on Sunshine Network at least 3 times!!! :o I think FAU should have some sort of TV contract with Sunshine, Fox Sports FL, … something. Plus if we get a state TV contract then all the parents and family can watch their kids play on TV if they can't make it to Lockhart. ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: