Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU up to #16

Add topic

FAU up to #16-for the first time ever ranked higher than FSU+UF at the same time.
http://www.collegiatebaseball.com/polls/divI/currentpolldivI.htm
Also all four teams at the Doubletree classic(Feb.27,28,+29) are all ranked #10 Notre Dame,#16 FAU,#25 Minnesota,+ #27 Winthrop-should be a great weekend of baseball in Boca.
Back to the top

FAU up to #16

Bring On the 'Canes!!! The only state team ranked higher than the Owls..er, Blue Wave. Just a question, how long will they be allowed to call the baseball team the Blue Wave?? I remember reading that they want to get everyone on the same page, same mascot, and same logo??
Back to the top

FAU up to #16

Mh20s, that a good question, the school hired a
company to do an some kind of analysis with
the marketbility of FAU. With a posibility of changing
the logo, mascots, etc. In my Opinion (IMO) I rather
like the logo's we have & the Fighting Owls, the blue wave just doesn't do anything for me. Personnally, I don't like the baseball uniforms. :P
Back to the top

FAU up to #16

The Owls, either fighting or snarling :) will win out over the Blue Waves nickname.

Financially they(baseball team only ) are the least expensive to replace logos or anything I would guess.
I think they are the only ones who uses that name.
Back to the top

FAU up to #16

I do agree with you guys that Owls is better than the Blue Wave. However I do realize that most involved in the baseball program feel otherwise. But on top of just liking it better, I always use Owls when posting on other websites because most people( outside of some FAU fans and ASUN teams fans) dont know who the heck the "Blue Wave" are. Ive heard the argument that others such as Auburn do well with two nicknames; but those schools usually have long athletic traditions and the names are already ingrained in fans memories. I'd be willing to bet if I walked around FAU's campus interviewing current students at least 50% wouldn't have any idea what school is the Blue Wave. So I think its best that we stick with Owls(if not burrowingowls-LOL) ;)
Back to the top

FAU up to #16

FAU up to #16

Those schools with two nicknames only have one for athletics though. The two nicknames come from the school's mascot and the sports mascot. If I read correctly Auburn's mascot is War Eagle, but in sports its the tigers which is why they always have an eagle named tiger. Tulane's mascot is the pelicans, but sports are know as the Green Wave (Coach Cooney swears they stole the wave part of the logo)…I even think that Alabama's mascot is either the Elephants or Pakiderms, but go under the Crimson Tide.
But even under the name Owls, our school has several different logos. The sports one is more of a fierce look (head only), where the school's is the whole Owl in red, yellow, and blue. Which I like.
WAtch out….I've seen those burrowing owls be quite dangerous (especially if someone drunk is stomping his/her foot near their hole). ;D
Back to the top

FAU up to #16

In the end some people will not be very happy.

Back to the top
Control functions: