Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Colorado football. Isolated situation?

Just to pump up some conversation.

Not accusing or taking sides about Coach Barnett or the Colorado program. But normally when this kind of stuff hits it grows and grows until someone says "Why didn't someone do something or tell someone"?

Do you feel that a lot of programs turn a deaf ear to complaints about their athletes. If no, then why would it take so long to surface? The admin have to be involved somehow to keep this kind of stuff quiet. Right?

Based on what we know about the current FAU coaches:
Is FAU any different from the next university when it comes to keeping control of it's athletes. I'm not talking onesy,twosy type of incidents. I mean full fledge "lack of control" of the football program.

Any thoughts?
Back to the top

I'm sure they try to control the damage as much as possible, by keeping things as quiet as possible.
Is this the best way, I don't know. Every situation is different and anything that has to do with any form of sexual assualt is not taken lightly.

It think the sooner the schools deal with the situations,
the easier it may be to deflect some of the critizism.
Obviously, it hard to control the behavior of any student at all times and the longer the school sit or try to contain something it can only make things worse and make the school look irresponsible.

The schools need to have some from of policies in place
on how to deal with these situation, but it boggles my mind how some of these institutions feel they still can brush it under the rug and pretend it never happen. Times have changed and it's harder to keep thing quiet.

IMO, FAU did a good job in handling the situation so far.

Barnett should have known better then to say what he did, again it goes to the school having set policies to handle situation like this.

Back to the top

Institutional control? I'm sure it's not an easy job on anybody's part. That's why the students and athletes must try to avoid situations which may come back to bite them and the universities.

Barnett didn't help his cause one bit with that statement. He probably can kiss his job good-bye even if they don't find any wrong doing at Colorado.
Back to the top

Maybe it's a matter of the coaches changing recruiting tactics, times have changed, you play with fire long enough you get burned.

Back to the top
Control functions: