Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Burrow

What are your thoughts concerning a name for our
stadium that will be built on campus & does naming the stadium matter whether it's a dome or open stadium?

Samples of names: "The Burrow" or "The Nest"

Back to the top

The Burrow

I've thought about that in the past. Having a name for the on-campus stadium is the only way to go.

My sticking point is that it's hard to come up with an intimidating name for an Owl :(

Maybe thinking along the line of them being predators, will help my train of thoughts.
Back to the top

The Burrow

I think I remember Owls being referred to as Night-Hawks…. but that's the other type of Owl. We're the little 4inch high animal. The burrow would be a good name for an on-campus stadium, or at least a good nickname (factoring in corporate sponsorship).
Back to the top

The Burrow

My sticking point is that it's hard to come up with an intimidating name for an Owl :(

Maybe thinking along the line of them being predators..

Totally agree. I ran into the same problem when they were looking for names for "The Shula Bowl".

- Owls are also - Prowlers

- For a Dome, maybe - "The Cage"

yet, "The Burrow" sounds better.
Back to the top

The Burrow

We could call it the "Dog House" for Who let the Dogs out!!!!!!!!!!
Shoot me now. Please!
Sorry I couldn't resist that one. ;D

We can probably work with "the Burrow" until some tipsy student get's it going at a game. What type of resident evil lives in a burrow?

The "Cage" is down the road at FIU .
Back to the top

The Burrow

We could call it the "Dog House" for Who let the Dogs out!!!!!!!!!!
Shoot me now. Please!

Sorry I couldn't resist that one. ;D
Back to the top

The Burrow

Sorry Bytor. You Missed!!!!!
Back to the top

The Burrow

aahhhhh, must've been dis..distracted…
Back to the top

The Burrow

Looking at the dancers' picture… do you think we could get Marey Carey to do any advertising for FAU football?? It would definately grab some attention ;D ;). (I remember when we just referred to her as the chubby dancer, but she was very friendly) 8-)
Back to the top

The Burrow

The Burrow

How about our very own Carrot Top :o

Back to the top
Control functions: