Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

St. Louis Cardinals 10, FAU 1 (Final)

Add topic

Looks like were not quite ready to compete in the National League Central ;)
At least we didnt get shut out!! After seeing big league pitchers today, Im sure FIU's pitchers will look like they are going in slow motion tomorrow night-LOL
Back to the top

Derek DeCarlo and Andrew Edwards will shut you guys down ;) They shut down UM and Boston College's aces ;D

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Here Kitty, Kitty!!

Watch out for those four inch little OWLS!! :-X… Oops, good thing this is the baseball team Go Blue Wave (cats hate water) ;D 8-)
Back to the top

FIU fans live in a dream world…you were 1-7 before the medicine disguised as FAMU woke you guys up. So you beat UM and BC…good for you. You'll see this weekend that FAU is ranked for a reason buddy. DiCarlo (1-2, 3.86 ERA) and Edwards (2-0, 4.09) might rack up the k's, but they haven't seen hitting like the Blue Wave.
Back to the top

Anyone for a clean sweep!!

The Fighting Owls will be Surfing the BLUE WAVE
to victory ;D
Back to the top

LoL! 1-7 was a fluke…we'll be ready ;)

Seriously I think it'll be split, just like last season.

Anyone comin down to the games here?

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

So I suppose your basketball team's record is a fluke too?? That athletic program needs a good kick in the behind because they shouldn't be this bad. And no, I won't be driving to Havana, I mean Kendall for a baseball game. Friday night in Boca is another matter however.
Back to the top

So I suppose your basketball team's record is a fluke too?? That athletic program needs a good kick in the behind because they shouldn't be this bad. And no, I won't be driving to Havana, I mean Kendall for a baseball game. Friday night in Boca is another matter however.

What's the basketball team have to do with the baseball team? Yes we started 1-7, but we are now 6-9 and including a victory over the #4 team in the nation. So because our basketball team is crap our whole Athletic program is bad? What logic are you using?

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Ok, let's break this down as it appears we must for Mr. Maxx to really understand the ineptitude of FIU's program. Let's go from worst to first -

Basketball - 7-22 in 2003/4, failed to make SunBelt tourney…enough said….quit living off Raja Bell and Carlos Arroyo, get a real coach, and start competing.

Women's soccer - 2-13-2 in 2003…men's soccer is not overshadowing this team…noooooo.

Football - finished 2-10 on the season….wins came against Holy Cross who finished 1-11 last season and Jacksonville who finished 5-6. Alright, they gave us a game but we were already looking to the playoffs.

Softball - 4-13 so far in 2004….yikes. Maybe they could use those bigger softballs.

Women's basketball - 12-17, failed to make SunBelt tourney…what happened to the glory days of the late 90's? Oh yeah, you joined a real conference, although barely a real one! The A-Sun is a joke apart from 2 or 3 teams and we all know it.

Volleyball - finished 13-15, lost in first round of SunBelt tourney.

Men's cross country - finished dead last at the SunBelt meet.

Swimming - can't really judge, first year as a sport.

Women's tennis - 2-3 so far this season…too early to say much.

Women's cross country - third at SunBelt meet, 20th at NCAA regionals.

Men's soccer - the pride of North Havana, the men's soccer team fell 0-2 to UCLA in second round of NCAA tournament. Can't say a bad word about this program except that they were thinking about getting rid of the sport!!!
Back to the top

This has been a down year for FIU, but it's not like every school has a great year every year. What about FAU's football season the second year? What about your basketball team? It's just as bad as ours. Just because a school has a bad year doesn't mean it should rework it's whole athletic department. Besides, a big step has already been taken for the basketball team:

http://www.fiusports.c…ballm/releases/030304.htm

Besides all this junk you threw into this thread, and your bordering on racist North Havana comment. This thread was about baseball…and that doesn't change the fact that FIU had a slow start but is turning things around. I'm heading out pretty soon to the game, i'm expecting a good, close game. Should be fun.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top
Control functions: