Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Oh my God!! What a game-FAU wins again!!

Add topic

FAU beats FIU 6-5 in 12 innings to complete a four game sweep! After a basically uneventful first 8 innings tied 1-1, FIU got a benefit of a lousy call when the leadoff hitter was ruled safe at first, which opened the floodgates for them to make it 4-1 FIU. With two on and 2 outs Rob Orton hit a pinch hit three run home run to tie it up! FIU again looked to have it won when the leadoff batter hit a homerun in the top of the 12th, but FAU would not be denied-once again with two outs a two-run double by Anthony Albano won it for FAU.
What a win-and what a devastating loss for FIU. Thank goodness we have some days to start breathing again after this heartstopper before we play again Friday against Campbell here at home.
Back to the top

Wow sounds like an amazing game. Wish we could've pulled off the victory though.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Hell of a game…if you're not an FAU baseball fan after that one, I think you're never going to be. What a way to end the 4 game sweep. Like coach Cooney says…"we live and die by the long ball"…and tonight we definitely lived by it!

GO BLUE WAVE!
Back to the top

Speechless. That word describes the stunned FIU fans as they slithered out of the stadium. All I could say was 'good riddance and take those stinkin' umpires with you'!
It was like a heavy weight bout with FAU getting knocked down three times and coming back to deliver the knockout punch to end it. What a great team effort once again with Orton giving us a shot to win, with Fiorentino and Hafer drawing the walks to set the stage and with Albano delivering the final blow.
Where are all the FAU fans? Don't they realize what's going on? As one fan sitting behind me said, "This is the best ticket you can buy". (He doesn't even know anybody on the team, just likes to see good baseball!) And it doesn't get any better than last nights battle.
Gotta' give props to Crotta for a fine outing against a team that is chomping at the bit to get a W. Maybe the Golden Panthers can take it out against Campbell and soften them up for us for next weekend's series.
Go Owls!
Back to the top

There not much left to say, but WOW!! A thriller all the way - Way to hang in there Blue Wave. The Golden Panthers definetinely shown heart, they did everything
they could to win this one and to come up short must be heartbreaking.
Back to the top

S to the W to the EEP. Yeah baby. Great game. Robbie Orton is a legend. Cooney was incensed at that first base umpire….told him to get another job! NICE! Oh and how fat is FIU's coach?? Can't imagine that guy telling me to do more running.
Back to the top
Control functions: