Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

D-1A or D-1AA

Maybe someone can clarify this for me.

As we make our transition to D-1A football.

1) Are we considered a D-1A or D-1AA team - It seems we are being classified as D-1A.

2) If D-1A, will our stats be within that division - I thinking, yes they will

3) If D-1A, why wouldn't a win by another D-1A team count as such (and does this have to do with the amount of scholarships allocations)

From what I am gathering, D-1AA has already disowned FAU - like we never existed, so I am (yes) assuming that we are no longer considered D-1AA.

I am confused because of the issues with the Hawaii game not counting as a D-1A game.

What you have here is a confused little Owl - help anyone.
Back to the top

D-1A or D-1AA

We are in NCAA purgatory my friend. 8-)

We are in a D1-A transition period. We can't lay claim to D1-AA anymore and the waiting period isn't over for D1-A. Were right in the middle.

Stats will be included with the D1-A record books. They will be notated in some incidences. Such as a winning record but not being eligible for the playoffs.

The scholly issue is a weird one. We don't have the right quantity based on LAST year's D1-AA numbers. Therefore this new year while in the transition period, our numbers will grow for NEXT year.

I could be wrong :P
Back to the top

D-1A or D-1AA

Being in limbo sucks the big one. So the confusion stems mostly from the number of scholarship allocations. Heck we were avg. what @55 /year with a cap of 63 & now we can have 85 & can only assign 25 new ones per any given year.

I suppose if it was easier more schools would make the jump. The two year transition I suppose is set in place to help school bring their allocations up to D-1A standards.

Having these restriction seems conterproduction for us to schedule the D-1A games we need no qualify in the first place. Since we are associated with the SBC now, those game should then count as D-1A and the ones in questions would be the OOC games.

It almost seem like the NCAA discourages you to move up.
Back to the top

D-1A or D-1AA

It almost seems like they discourage you from moving up? Try they definitely discourage it-they really dont want any more 1-A teams but there isnt much more than can do about it besides make life tough on those who move up.
We are considered 1-A in terms of records but we count as a 1-AA team for all of our opponents. Thats why Hawaii's fans are all in a panic over FAU being scheduled. So Hawaii's chances at a BCS bowl get hurt-like they really had a chance anyways-darn crybabies!! :)
Back to the top

D-1A or D-1AA

D-1A or D-1AA

Who do they think they are they kidding. :-/

The WAC don't have BCS bowl considerations anyway.
Besides, the Hawaii Bowl is already reserved for the Rainbows.
Back to the top

D-1A or D-1AA

Rainbows ..
Back to the top
Control functions: