Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

TV - Ratings 2003

TV - Ratings 2003

NCAA Fall 2003 Championships:

1,182 - D-II Final*
897 - I-AA Semis*
747 - I-AA Final
585 - D-III Final*

# in thousands of viwers, *denotes increase from 2002

Just in case some of you were interested.
Back to the top

TV - Ratings 2003

So looks like the AA semis drew more than the AA final. People obviously tuned in for the FAU attraction. 8-)
People can draw their own conclusions about the drop in the finals veiwing. ;)

I wonder did the large veiwing of the DII had anything to do with it's start dates?

Overall, I'd say fans do love a playoff system.
Back to the top

TV - Ratings 2003

The final game was played on a friday night which never gets as good of ratings as a Saturday afternoon. Also a massive blowout cant have helped its rating. When I got home from FAU/Colgate, I watched the second half of the D2 game and it was a thriller down to the wire so I understand its high rating.
THe D3 game was also pretty exciting as Mount Union was upset but it was up against an NFL game so its ratings are naturally smaller than the other games because most arent like me who would watch any college game before a pro one! :)
Back to the top

TV - Ratings 2003

I would have been interested to see the numbers for the Quarters against NAU even tghough it was on pay-per-view. All in all the exposure was terrific.

And here is a quote from one of our favorite D-1AA pukes concerning the TV-ratings.

"Of course, there could be many viewers from Colgate that just can't admit they watched that game that night. I still can't bring myself to believe what I saw!"

Hhmm!! And they won or did I miss something?

Back to the top

TV - Ratings 2003

Hmm Bytor-I think you might be mistaken on this one-Colgate did not win they were crushed 40-0 in the championship game(and Delaware called off the dogs and showed a lot of mercy it could have been much worse) That's what he was referring to when he said Colgate fans may not want to admit they watched the game it was so ugly.
As much as I hated to lose-Colgate spared us from the humiliation they got in the finals. Ive seen Delaware now grouped with the greatest 1-AA teams ever-not quite as good as the Tracy Ham Georgia Southern teams of the late 80's but close-it was no accident that they beat a D1 Bowl team last year-they were scary.
Back to the top

TV - Ratings 2003

BurrowingOwl I had to go back and re-check the quote & context of it - it followed a comment concerning the FAU -vs- Colgate semi-final game and may have very well been refering to the Finals & not our game which would explain the quote better, so I stand corrected.

And I agree with you on the fact that Delaware was the best team hands down. That was one team I did not want to face in the playoffs - scary indeed.
Back to the top
Control functions: