Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Let's name the FAU spring game

Most schools have a catchy name for their spring game. It's only fitting for FAU to identify itself with a name which will become known by these players once they graduate.

Let's get the ball rolling for naming the FAU game.

How about the "Burrow Bowl"?
Any others out there? 8-)
Back to the top

How about the "Sun Bowl"… 8-) …

A combination of being in the SBC & the Florida Sun. 8-)
Back to the top

You could go with the easy ones like the "Owl Bowl" or the "Blue & White Gamel" we call ours the Cajun Bowl but I have also seen it called the Vermilion & White Game. When I worked for Ole Miss they called theirs the "Grove Bowl" after their famous tailgating area in the middle of campus.
Back to the top

How 'bout the "Breezeway Bowl" every student would understand that. (Its the long covered outdoor hallway that runs through the middle of campus)
Back to the top

How about we don't call it anything until we actually have it in our own stadium.
Back to the top

Ok GhostOfB,
Are you one of those people who don't want to name the baby until it's born? That way you can look at it and see who he/she remind you of. ;)
Relax..just kidding. :)

I'll put it up in a poll next week to see how people feel about it. You may be right. They may just say leave it alone.
Personally I feel that naming it now will give them identity because they don't have a home yet.

I've been wrong before…
Back to the top

Ok, FAU football has been deemed "Football in Paradise" by the Coach himself. So, that said, why not "The Paradise Classic" ;D Sure it sounds a little like a PGA event but we are in Boca right? Any thoughts?

Other than that I think the whole keep it simple stupid thing works. "Red and Blue Classic" or any color variants would also work as already suggested.

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

The simple Blue & White Games works - the Gators I believe name theirs Orange & blue.

Here's one more - "Prowler's Bowl"
Back to the top
Control functions: