Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Run Forrest Run!

Guys in my segment of the relay would crucify me. Why? I would lose time looking a shortcut. :D
Are there any subways in Palm Beach County? Or cheap cab rides for that matter. ;D

Florida Atlantic to run for unity

BY BOB EMANUEL JR.

[email protected]

On national signing day last month, Florida Atlantic football coach Howard Schnellenberger proudly went over the list of his newest Owls. Minutes later, he was nearly as proud to introduce a recycled idea from his days at the University of Miami, approximately 20 years ago.

Schnellenberger will have his football team scattered to the outer campuses of the university Saturday. The players will have to run, in relays, back to the main campus in Boca Raton.

''Were going to stress unity along all the sons and daughters of Florida Atlantic University,'' Schnellenberger said.

The shuttle run begins in the morning and concludes at 6 p.m. when the offense (from the north) and defense (from the south) will converge on the Boca campus.

The football team will deliver framed pictures of the Tom Oxley Center and of a panoramic view of the inside of Lockhart Stadium, taken during the teams NCAA Division I-AA semifinal game against Colgate last December. Each campus will also provide a gift in exchange, with the tokens to be hung in the main campus.
Back to the top

Run Forrest Run!

Hey O.G. How 'bout a little incentive for Saturday ;D

…….. with ample supply of Oxygen ;D

as for me………..
Back to the top

Run Forrest Run!

………..and what do I do when I catch her?

Back to the top

Run Forrest Run!

Run Forrest Run!

……………………….

After you recover, a couple of those fruity drinks

By the pool
Back to the top

Run Forrest Run!

Don't want to sound like an ass or anything, but I think the interspersed pics are starting to get a little annoying. Although if I'm in the minority here (which I hope I'm not), keep 'em comming. I feel they just clutter up what is turning into a pretty good FAU Forum.

About the relay…hopefully they are planning to get the word out about this (AKA media), or it'll be kind of disappointing when the players arrive at FAU at 6PM to a spattering applause from parents and girlfriends.
Back to the top

Run Forrest Run!

Don't want to sound like an ass or anything, but I think the interspersed pics are starting to get a little annoying. Although if I'm in the minority here (which I hope I'm not), keep 'em comming. I feel they just clutter up what is turning into a pretty good FAU Forum.

Feel free to speak about anything which you feel may be annoying to you. We will do whatever we can to address the situation. We want this forum to be informative as well as entertaining.
That's why the TWO of us,Bytor and myself, post pictures to liven up the place a bit. When the season gets going and we have more than these 5 regular posters, we will address the pictures again if they are cluttering the board. There are restrictions as far as sizes are concerned.
Regardless, we will monitor the picts as this site becomes more active this coming season.

Thanks for your input and support of this FAU site.
OG Owl
Back to the top

Run Forrest Run!

OWLman I understand that some may like them and some may be annoyed by them and that's ok, I just accomplished something, I got a reaction from you.
That's the good part, people stating their toughts & opinions, it's what these forums are about.

As time passes you will see me use them less and in a more limited fashion.

Back to the top

Run Forrest Run!

This is an interesting publicity stunt, comparable to the bed races prior to the initial season. Hopefully it proves fruitful and the team brings some fans home to Boca with them :D

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Run Forrest Run!

This is an interesting publicity stunt, comparable to the bed races prior to the initial season. Hopefully it proves fruitful and the team brings some fans home to Boca with them :D

GO OWLS!!!

I agree, but as OWLman mentioned - we will need media attention, maybe some TV coverage (local News) would be good. Hopefully, The Palm Beach Post & The Sun-Sentinel will do something as well.

We need to generate both awareness & interest :)

Maybe the Alumnis' can throw a get together upon their arrival back to the main campus, just a thought.
Back to the top

Run Forrest Run!

I agree with the media exposure slant. Coach Schnell is very adept at getting abstract attention. The Post and /or Sentinel will probably be there.

Now if we can just make the football field longer. Maybe about the same distance as they're running now from the other campus.
That way when the other team's RB breaks away, we can run him down before they get to commercial avenue. ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: