Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU beats Ohio State 6-4!!

Add topic

FAU goes to 22-4 as Jason Costello gets his second win in as many starts. Chris Saxton got his 5th save also for FAU. Tim Mascia had 3 RBI, Hafer went 3 for 3, and Fiorentino added a homer to supply the offense. Congrats on a great win to the team.
It must be said that whoever decided to play not play take me out to the ballgame during the seventh inning stretch made a big mistake. Its pretty bad when you force the fans to sing the song on their own during the bottom of the 7th. Lets not repeat the mistake Wednesday night,and while were at it a Michigan native sitting next to me suggested we might want to play "Hail to the Victors" tomorrow when the Ohio State fans start their cheers. Sound like a good idea to me. :)
Back to the top

….speaking of "when the Ohio State fans start their cheers", I can't believe the number of fans all of our opponents have brought to the games. I can only hope that our teams impressive record can generate enough fan interest to out number and out yell the UCF fans when that series rolls around. While on the subject, we can only hope to get a respectable contingency of Blue Wave supporters when we travel to Deland to battle Stetson for a huge series.
First we need another big "W" against our Big 10 opponent for a boost in confidence as we head into this weekends conference series against Jax. Go Owls!
Back to the top

It is annoying that just about every opponent has had more fans at games than us.

And I'm really tired of all the excuses I've been hearing: It's too cold, It's too rainy, It's too early in the season, It's spring break, There's too much else to do.

Does anybody notice anything on campus that promotes the baseball team, I mean other than the little "Today's game" signs they stick inthe ground.

And when will we be able to walk into the book store and buy descent FAU T-shirts that don't say "2002 NCAA Tournament" on them?…

OK, I'm done venting. I think everyone here that actually goes to baseball games needs to start bringing two friends to every game. That way maybe we can outnumber those Jacksonville fans this weekend.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

CanadianOwl, what get me upset as well is and I know it doesn't happen every game, but as far as I'm concerned once is to many - having someone running our concenssion stand wearing a Gator shirt and a student at that >:(

I will agree and I may sound like a broken record, but a greater awareness on campus must be made regarding our atheltic programs in general.

And we all know that most students on campus follow either Football, Basketball and/or Baseball to some degree. If you thought that FAU was good enough to invest your time & money to further your education, why not show support to that same institution that you invested time & money to by showing support to the it's atheletic programs.

It's fustrating, but I don't have any anwsers on how to fix the perception student have about FAU in general and I have talked to students that commute and I am just stunned by their lack of interest of FAU beyond the classroom.

Back to the top
Control functions: