Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

15,000 butts in the seats

Does FAU need to meet the 15,000 butts in the seats rule for 2004?

If so, how realistic is that with home games against Illinois State, UL Monroe, New Mexico State and FIU?
Back to the top

I think we need it this year and next year too. We are in the transition period and will be evaluated on the attendance among everything else.

I still say that the rule will be relaxed by the NCAA before too long. They make these rules in an attempt to keep D1-AA from moving up so they don't have to split the payouts. Too saturated and it decreases talent. That's what they say,
Then they turn around and create two more bowl games!!! :o
Back to the top

I'm interested to see how we draw with (2) 1-A games at home. Hopefully we are having a successful season and then the crowd should be pretty good - I have a feeling that we will draw better next year and what that mean is just that better then the 5,000+/gm.

I figure if we can average 10,000+ next year and increase to 15,000+ the following year maybe we get one more of probation to statisfy the requirements.
All speculations with lots of hope and faith.
Back to the top

With only four home games…that might drive up attendance. Especially since there will only be 3 at Lockhart. Plus if FIU has any following that could increase our attendance.
Advertising will be the key. Starting a marketing campaign with the release of the schedule is important, and with only a few home games, Student Government can charter some buses for those in the dorms to go see the game.
Back to the top

I don't have all the details yet, but a marketing campaign will be started very soon - probably starting with the spring game.

Future games with FAMU are being considered to be played at a netrual site. FAMU wants to play in the Tampa area where they have a large Alumni fan base.
FAU is contemplating this - they are concerned with our fan base being able to travel. This game would count as a home game, would be great for meeting our attendance requirements. (65,000+ wouldn't be bad)

Back to the top

When are we getting the ticket and schedule sent to us?? Things are sooo slow with that..... maybe I should send them a telegraph. ;D
Back to the top

I wouldn't expect anything until Juneor July.
Back to the top
Control functions: