Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Start of Spring Practice

Here are some notes going in to first day of practice.
RB Anthony Jackson & OL Kenneth Campos are question marks for the fall because of elligibility issues, but both will participate in spring drills….

WE welcome back RB Dekolan James, TE Dantson Dareus & Safety Christian Amaya from injuries suffered in 2003 - all torn ACLs and are expected to participate in non-contact drills….

Lastly, OL Kevin Ketchum won't start the spring session due to a concussion received during a boating mishap over spring break.

Hopefully we come out of spring drills healhty
Back to the top

Start of Spring Practice

I thought that Campos was leaving anyway. He's supposed to be interested in the NFL draft.
That will kill us if AJ can't get it done during the summer.

Dekolan need to stay as far away from the practice field as possible. :D This poor guy can't get a break on playing 3 straight games for FAU his entire career here.

Ketchum is another one. He's been hurt his entire career here. Back trouble.
Hopefully he'll get himself right for the fall. The O-line can use his girth.
Back to the top

Start of Spring Practice

Start of Spring Practice

I agree not having AJ will hurt, but then again I thought the same when Dekolan went down. Hopefully someone will step-up and preform.

Losing Campo & Ketchum won't be as great of a lost, but will agree we could use him on the line.
Back to the top

Start of Spring Practice

Looks like LB Shomari Earls will be sidelined with a pulled hamstring, we need him healthy when the season starts.

Also converted TE Erik Benson will be getting some reps with the first team.

Coach was real happy with first day of practice and how the players have matured in preparing themselves for what is to come.
Back to the top

Start of Spring Practice

That's some very Good news!!!!
Being in the system for 3 full years has it's advantages.

They don't need Shomari. They know what he can do.

TE Eric Benson? They have some good LB's at that spot already, who were after Earls. It makes for good competition.
Like he said, it was hard to see daylight behind Tony C at tight end.
Back to the top

Start of Spring Practice

Looks like Schnellenberger does expect Campos back for next season. And Rosas is hanging around like his appeal is going to be granted.

It would be nice to have both those guys back.

http://www.palmbeachpo…042655fbf02d02e20026.html

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Start of Spring Practice

Practice on Saturday was pretty much drills, drills and more drills. They finished practice with a full contact scrimmage and the defense played rather well.

There is just something about watching full contract drills, so much intensity and the sound of those pads absolutely sweetness to my ears. It so hard to describe the raw energy being felt - it's rather addicting.

Put it this way, there is no holding back from either the players nor the coaches. All I have to say is, you better be the one doing the hurting.

Over all, it was a good day of practice.

Back to the top

Start of Spring Practice

Hopefully Rosas' practicing was a sign of the NCAA approval for the extra year ;D

Back to the top

Start of Spring Practice

While Higgins was taking people heads off - Meyers was launching some pretty good punts. We should find out this week about Rosas.
Back to the top

Start of Spring Practice

Is the spring game officially at Lockhart on April 17? If so, I certainly hope the marketing folks are working the parking lot as well as the stands trying to get non-refundable deposits for season tickets. I think they missed a huge opportunity when they didn't aggressively work the pre-game crowd at the Colgate game. I also think they should have some kind of – well – price list showing what a $500 donation could cover, what a $1,000 donation could cover, etc. This should include an indication of how much is needed for a full athletic scholarship for a year. I think people are far more willing when they can visualize what the money would buy. A number of schools have figured this out.
Back to the top
Control functions: