Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sun-Sentinel Reporter Reading Our Board??

Check out his "unreleased schedule" at the end of the piece. I doubt if he scanned all of those other teams schedules like we did. ;D
He just committed a Jason Blair on us!

But he may have something on us about the Rosas deal.

Owls status report

Posted March 24 2004

Spring game: April 17 at Lockhart Stadium, Fort Lauderdale.

Up in the air: Not much since FAU returns 20 of 22 starters as the senior-laden team begins the transition from I-AA to I-A. On defense, the only spot to fill is MLB with the graduation of Quinten Swain. Shomari Earls, a 6-foot-2, 205-pound junior, got plenty of playing time last season and should step into Swain's spot with no drop-off. … OL Ken Campos is the other starter that needs to be replaced. Sophomore Nello Faulk (6-6, 245) performed well enough in limited action last season to be listed at No. 1 on the depth chart going into spring practices. … RB still needs to be sorted out after Daveon Barron, Anthony Jackson and Doug Parker shared the role last year. Parker, who missed 2002 and was slow getting back into form, could lock up the job with a solid spring. … The Owls also need a P to replace Andy Rosas.

Already settled: Nearly everything. Jared Allen will be back at QB for his final season after a huge year in 2003, and he'll again be sending most of his passes to WR Roosevelt Bynes and TE Anthony Crissinger-Hill. The defensive line stays the same, as does the secondary.

On the spot: Faulk will have to prove he can be a starter. Jackson has been bumped down to third on the depth chart and will need a strong spring. Parker has never lived up to expectations and the Owls need what he can provide.

2004 schedule: FAU's schedule has still not been completed and changes in existing games could still be made as the Owls need to create as attractive a home schedule as possible to meet the NCAA-mandated average attendance of 15,000. Sept. 4 at Hawaii; Sept. 11 at North Texas; Sept. 18 at Middle Tennessee; Sept. 25 vs. Illinois State; Oct. 9 at Texas State; Oct. 23 vs. Louisiana-Monroe; Oct. 30 at Florida A&M; Nov. 6. at Troy State; Nov. 13 vs. New Mexico State; Nov. 20 vs. Florida International.

Back to the top

I thought the same thing as soon as I read it-I dont think there is any question he got it from here. Hey this board is becoming THE source for FAU info!! :)
Back to the top

Hey, someone from inside the school(football) also commented on an article from this board!

We are the Real Deal. Imagine what it will be like once football season starts… 8-)

Back to the top

The Sun Sentinel probably did scam the schedule info off this board.

We wouldn't want them to do any actual real reporting (gasp!). Heaven forbid they actually come up with any new information on their own.

President of the No Homers Club. Keepin' it real since 2001.
Back to the top

Good morning. I agree that the board has a lot of good info. But this is not the only place the tentative scedules are posted, so the Sun-Sentinel reporter might well have found it elsewhere. The best prelim sked site I have found is

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Sked2004.htm
This guy, Jim Howell, seems to be ahead of everyone as the skeds develop in winter months. I don't know him, or anything about him other than what I find on his various sites.
Meanwhile, please keep up the great flow of info.
Back to the top

Good morning. I agree that the board has a lot of good info. But this is not the only place the tentative scedules are posted, so the Sun-Sentinel reporter might well have found it elsewhere. The best prelim sked site I have found is http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Sked2004.htm
This guy, Jim Howell, seems to be ahead of everyone as the skeds develop in winter months. I don't know him, or anything about him other than what I find on his various sites.
Meanwhile, please keep up the great flow of info.

OK,I take back what I said about the Sun Sentinel reporter. Maybe he's innocent.
Then this Howell guy must be reading our site. ;)Just kidding here.

Thanks for the link grayowl. It's a lot easier to view all the schedules in one place versus opening up multiple pages.
Back to the top

If he is peeking that's way .. Interest & exposure .. It's all good.

Back to the top
Control functions: