Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

SBC - Games

Here are the games that are Designated Conference games for us:

9/11 - N. Texas
11/6 - Troy ST.
11/13 - N. Mexico ST.

If we want respect in the SBC these are the games that matter for us. Since we can't go to a Bowl game, it doesn't mean we can't win the conference (with an * ) & be spoilers to the others teams we play. ;)

It seems that for a team to have a shot at the conference title this year they are going to have to run the table.

So what will our conference record be?

Back to the top

SBC - Games

I never understood the out of conference (OOC) and in conference(IC) rules. Why were those 3 schools chosen when there are other SB schools who we play ???

As far as the record, I would love to say we will be 3-0 but that's bragging. ;)

I'll say 1-2.
Troy State is due one for the Mud Bowl from 2 years ago.
That "inadvertant" whistle when we scooped up the fumble on THEIR 30 yard line and returned it in the 2nd qtr was a FUMBLE.
Even their local news paper had a piece on that play. The safety made the newspaper's "Most Unlucky list" that day. They singled out that play. Honest!
Back to the top

SBC - Games

Everybody in the SBC aren't real happy with these designated games and how they are actually assigned.
It's mostly due to the fact that with all the re-alignment
with-in the conference and games already being scheduled. It's confusing really - conference games, designated games, whatever. ::) Doesn't really effect us much. I guess being in limbo has it's advantages.

They probably were selected out of a hat over a few breweskies. ;)

Back to the top

SBC - Games

The trick is to make these type of decisions BEFORE the 3rd pitcher of brewski.... ;D
Back to the top

SBC - Games

That FAU-Troy game was a mess but never really in doubt. My shoes still haven't dried out. That game was the last in the old stadium, and the Trojans played like they didn't want to be there. Troy has a habit of playing poorly at Homecoming (FIU last year).

The designated SunBelt games situation is unfair, considering that some schools will play opponents of FIU's caliber and others, such as Troy, had a choice between designating Missouri or Marshall.
Back to the top

SBC - Games

It does make you wonder how they assigned these designated games because it clearly favors some teams. Was it a move by the SBC to give the conference credibility? Hopefully we won't see them next year.
Back to the top

SBC - Games

SBC - Games

The way I understand it, each SunBelt team must play eight conference games. Those with pre-existing contracts with non-conference teams must designate a non-conference opponent as a SunBelt game. Troy was a designated opponent for several SunBelt teams last year, despit ethe fact the Trojans were not yet in the SBC.

In Troy's case, the Trojans have a very tough '04 schedule. They can choose between Missouri, Marshall, South Carolina and LSU for their final SunBelt game.

Ugh.

FAU is already a designated game.

Many Troy fans hoped TSU would move the away Marshall game to 2005 and add FIU as a sixth home game in '04. That would be the best designated conference game scenario.

Troy is said to be able to win the conference (and the New Orleans Bowl bid) this season, and it would be shame to lose to Marshall or Mizzou, and in the process, the title to a team that beat FIU or some I-AA team.
Back to the top
Control functions: