Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football Stadium

Football Stadium

-am i the only one that would hate to see our team play in a dome? we live in south Florida, who wants to play inside? the stadium Syracuse plays in is a dump, and from what I?ve read that's what the president has been hinting at and envisioning for FAU.

Alternatives:

-Has there ever been talk of building a sports complex in Jupiter at the northern FAU campus (Football, basketball, or baseball)?

-Are there any other empty stadiums in palm beach county that FAU could use? Lockhart is too far of a drive for someone in northern or central palm beach to get to on a regular basis.

my preference would be for a small 15,000-20,000 open roof stadium on the Boca campus. Basketball can stay where their at for the time being until the school's athletic program grows a little more.

:-/
Back to the top

Football Stadium

You "preference" may be just what actually happens. We covered this on a thread awhile back and with all the hoopla surrounding the Boca voters,I-95 Ramp, D1-A move, the general consensus here is that FAU would probably do a quick fix to the problem. That would be exactly what you suggested. This type of stadium will more than give us what we want while getting out feet wet with the D1-A situation.

I would like to see an outdoor smaller stadium with covered pavillions for fans/students.
Place the PRACTICE bubble next to the stadium. We won't lose any rain days!

No talk has been generated about a stadium anyplace other than the Boca campus.
Back to the top

Football Stadium

They are trying to build the Dome for $82Mil & Architects are telling them it can't be done for that price - more like $132 Mil.. Factor in if the Baltimore Oriole go ahead with their renovations plans for their spring training site, Lockhart will be gone and so will our home away from home. A smaller stadium may have to be build - something the school doesn't seem to be fond of. It will be interesting to see what will come out of all the deliberations.
Back to the top

Football Stadium

Use this heat and humidity for all its worth, plus a nice little stadium that is built to be built upon (added to) will be perfect. Afterall the Swamp wasn't built in a day..or something like that. ;)
Back to the top
Control functions: