Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FOOTBALL TALK!!! Tackle w/side Trap

For short yardage of 5 yards or less. I've seen past Nebraska teams run that thing almost all the way down field.

The center pulls and picks up the L/DE. The Full Back picks up the NT/Under DE. The tackle then is free up to pick up the weakside DE/LB/CB.
Then it's between the Guard and the LB battle.
RB/TB have to get out and get 3+ yards. If it's a blizting defense he can get a lot more.

I may have missed something in translation here.

Does this make sense? :o
Back to the top

it's about time for some football talk.
if the inside linebacker is trapped then my weakside backer better make the stop.

didn't nichols state run that on you guys almost to perfection?
Back to the top

It surely wasn't in the first half, because we pretty much shut them down.

O.G. - put the coffe cup down. I can tell you are having some major withdrawls here, you just seem to be busting at the seams wanting to talk football don't you. ;)

Pull, pick-up, weakside, blitzing are we talking football here?

Did you forget that Nebraska OL was a wee bit bigger then ours. I think we will see some interesting stuff on offense this year, with all the veterans on the team and the OL being improved and all, it will give the coaches more chances to experiment on new stuff. It will give them a lot more options then they had in the past.

Do you think we could pull off a play similar to that?

Back to the top

it's about time for some football talk.
if the inside linebacker is trapped then my weakside backer better make the stop.

didn't nichols state run that on you guys almost to perfection?

ISight,
The TE better not be just hanging out picking his nose on this play. He need to pick up the off backer.

Nichols State? We did basically shut them down. They trapped us on a few plays but I wouldn't say dominated. Their little fireplug of a RB Colt Collette(nice football name by the way) killed us with his second and third effort after getting hit.

Bytor,
On running plays traps and schemes are what undersized teams utilizes. Staright up assignments are when smaller teams get beat. I think it can be done with the quick linemen we have. They have the speed to get out in front and cut down. I think it can be done.
But hey! That's why I'm sitting here typing and not out there coaching.. ;)

OK! I'm better now. ;D
Back to the top

I agree that speed would be the key, I guess I still had the image of that OL getting his butt driven into the groung time after time after time on saturday with the coach getting a good ride to. I felt his pain & fustration.

We may just see some traps play this year - they may have more confidence in the OL then the previous years.
Back to the top
Control functions: