Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

spreads

spreads

since were in transition this year will we have spreads in the papers for the 1A games? There is no bad publicity.
I bet we have a great shot of getting the hawaii game televised nationally on the duce too.
Back to the top

spreads

Troy State was in the spread last year and USF did the year before.
I'm sure we will be because the D1-A opposition will need the coverage.

Hopefully The Hawaii game will be on TV. Look at the can't-misses which are involved.

June Jones and Howard Schnellingberger!
FAU 1st Year in D1-A playing Bowl team.
2003 FAU Playoff team flying coast to coast.
The Bi-Polar mascot for the Reinbows. What the possibilty of him starting another fight!

Intrigueing I'd say. ;D
Back to the top

spreads

I think you're right about the FAU @ Hawai'i game having a chance as the late, late game on national TV. But I have not yet checked to see which other teams are playing that day. It's all about potential ratings, of course. One other possibility is that it might be on the play-for-pay NCAA package offered by most cable systems. Do we know the starting time (in Hawai'i) of the game yet?

If it's a night game, the results won't make the local papers (Eastern time) until the second day following, although they might post some of their data on their web sites. In any case, it should be on the web sites of the two Honolulu papers (Advertiser, Star-Bulletin) the next morning.

Because of the timing, it might get a slightly better ride in USA Today the following Monday, especially if the Owls pull an upset.

As for the spread: I expect it will be on the list. The question is whether the local papers will print it. Some papers edit the list from time to time for space reasons. However, USA Today usually runs the full list.

Back to the top

spreads

Hey, if they showed Bowling Green -vs- San Jose St. at the begging of the season last year we may just have a shot, even if it's late. Hopefully we made a good impression last year during the playoffs to earn a little respect & enough interest to make it an attractive game. Like O.G. said a Playoff and up an coming team
-vs- a Bowl Team, may just be attractive enough for TV for the first weekend of Football.

The local papers (PBPost) are usually pretty good at posting the spreads of any teams from FL, my guess is we'll make the list.
Back to the top

spreads

I believe that the only reason not to post a spread is if they are uncertain of the health status of a major player in the game.
Back to the top
Control functions: