Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Question for you "newbies"

When will you start competing in Sun belt football? Is it this year?

Anyhow, welcome to the Sun Belt. It's good to have some new football fodder to kick around. ;D
Back to the top

We will be in transition the next two years abd should be a full member in 2006. These newbies hopefully will start to make some noise this year with our limited SBC games. Looking forward to our game against you guys on 9/11 - it will be a measuring stick to were we are as a program.
Back to the top

Welcome to the board GreenMenace.

I'm sure that FAU football players will bring everything they have for the UNT game.
What better way to get the attention of the rest of the SB Conf than to provide UNT with a great game.

Back to the top

Good. I'll be at that game for sure. Should be interesting to see how many fans you travel to Denton for the game. If any of you come, be sure to drop by the tailgating area and meet some of the Mean Green Fanatics and those that post on gomeangreen.com. Good food, good people. ;D
Back to the top

With Texas-El Paso likely headed to CUSA, it is believed that the WAC will extend invitations to the All-Sports Sun Belt schools west of the Mississippi River to become a 12-team league.

Translation?

If UL-Lafayette, Arkansas State, and North Texas accept WAC invitations along with Idaho who has made it public they will accept a WAC invite, then the Sun Belt implodes and we will all know that before the 2005 season.

I wonder if they will slow FIU and FAU's upgrade to 1-A?

If and when CUSA takes UTEP, the WAC has plans that will include an East and West division.

West

Hawaii
San Jose State
Idaho
Boise State
Nevada
Fresno State

East

Utah State
New Mexico State
North Texas
Louisiana-Lafayette
Arkansas State
Louisiana Tech

Sun Belt leftovers that currently sponsor 1-A football would include Middle Tennessee, Troy State, and Louisiana-Monroe. We'd be screwed big time.

Back to the top

If this realignment really happens, our transition to 1-A will be hindered big time - kind of makes my stomach turn thinking about it.

And before the Sun Belt has a chance to settle in with the new members and getting the conferences set, it could be totally devastating to the SBC. The small schools really do get screwed don't they.

It will be interesting how things play out, until then we really can't worry about what may or may not happen.
Back to the top

The interesting thing is that the other conferences are still looking at teams from the SB to join them.
I know it's a numbers game but it's still happening.
This shuffling has to come to an end. And soon I hope.
Back to the top

Your institution could be royally screwed if the WAC goes after and wins over their favorite four from the Sun Belt.

In order to appease La Tech they will go after North Texas, Louisiana-Lafayette, Arkansas State, and now Troy State to form and eastern division along with New Mexico State.

There is also an internet rumor that the MAC may look toward Middle Tennessee as a full member and Western Kentucky all-other sports and Temple football as the other whole member to from a 14-team league.
Back to the top

I find it rather humorous - the Sun Belt is suppose to be a weak conference, yet other conference are rumured to be haroling the teams away, makes you wonder :o

Again we can't worry about what may or may not happen.

Back to the top

Welcome to the Sun Belt. I'm looking foward to hosting you Owls Sept. 11. How well do you guys travel ? Guesstimate for me how many fans will come to Denton for the game.
Back to the top
Control functions: