Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

THE DEMOLITION IS ON!!!

Add topic

17-0 FAU as I write this….and we're only in the bottom of the fifth! Rusty Brown has 6 RBI and two dingers. LET'S GO OWLS (I mean Blue Wave, sorry).
Back to the top

THE DEMOLITION IS ON!!!

Showing no mercy for Troy State ;D

What a way to into the regionals! Go OWLS!
Back to the top

THE DEMOLITION IS ON!!!

when are they going to change their name to align themselves up with the rest of the school's athletics department? everyone from the football team to the basketball team, even the soccer team have adopted the school?s nick name of ?the fighting owls?. many may think it?s no big deal, but to me its a slap in the face to the school, the current and former students plus faculty that they call themselves 'the blue wave'. is there history behind this nick name i?m unaware of? were they the first organized FAU team when the school had no athletic nick name? it?s as if they think they?re to good to be called "the fighting owls", so until they do it?ll be hard for me to get behind this baseball team.

:(
Back to the top

THE DEMOLITION IS ON!!!

THE DEMOLITION IS ON!!!

There is a reason for the Blue Wave name. It was the name of the first intramural softball team (first sports team) in school history or something like that. There will be a change after the season, most likely to the Owls, although a branding committee is looking into what the best name would be.
Back to the top

THE DEMOLITION IS ON!!!

Page 32 of this years Baseball media guide gives the "Origin of the Blue Wave". You can access it on fau's website by clicking >mens sports>baseball>media guide(just above KC's diamond diary pic).
Personnaly, I like it over the "fighting owls". It just has a better sound and image. Plus it works better when singing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game"…….."we'll root, root, root for the BLUE WAVE"…….works better than….."we'll root, root, root for the FIGHTING OWLS"….although I'm sure that wasn't a consideration by the originators!
Anyway, way to GO OWLS in winning the A-SUN tourney for the first time in FAU history. Way to go Rusty for a much deserved All Tournament Team MVP award. Way to go fellow teammates Sax, Hutt, Brannon and Mas for ATT selection.
Keep GOing OWLS! into regional play.
Back to the top

THE DEMOLITION IS ON!!!

Troy University (dropped the "State" ... and apparently short on late-season pitching :) ) used to be called the Red Wave.
Back to the top
Control functions: