Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAMU 2004. Toughest D1-AA Schedule

Can we do our part for a home schedule close-out.. ;D

Read on:
http://thefamurattlers.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060204aab.html
Back to the top

We need to get a lot of FAU fans to Tallahassee for that game. Can the Alumni Association identify alums from Tampa, Orlando and Daytona up and do a mailing? How about promotion in South Florida and Southwest Florida?
Back to the top

I'm sure that the Alumni Association will be very involved in this game. We cannot go into Tally with the usual following. That place will be rocking. FAMU have a very loyal fan base and will be ready. This game will carry a lot of pride for them also.
There are still some fans who feel that FAU got a gift by not losing playoffs or transfer opportunites like FAMU did when they declared their intentions. That's all they talked about on their board for weeks. These same fans forget that we never petitioned the NCAA like they did. Once FAMU filed, they became ineligible for D1-AA playoffs and they lost D1-A transfer QB Willie Simmons.

I'm sure the D1-A fiasco will also be on their minds that we made it and they didn't.

The place will be rocking!
Back to the top

The game may have special significance for Coach Schnellenberger as well. It was 25 years ago (1979)that his first Univ. of Miami team was upset in Tallahassee by FAMU, and I'm sure he will remember that. So, that should provide even more motivation for our FAU team. GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: