Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NCAA attendance averages

Rankings are geared towards Florida schools in terms of national avgs.

The NCAA is reviewing a rule that would require teams to average 15,000 fans at each home game. Here is 2003 average attendance at selected schools and where they ranked among the 117 I-A teams:

1. Michigan, 110,918

7. Florida, 90,177

12. Florida State 83,177

30. Miami, 58,135

70. South Florida 30,512

95. Central Florida 20,225

Failed to reach 15,000

107. Utah State, 14,921

108. Ball State, 14,710

109. Louisiana-Lafayette, 13,995

110. Akron, 13,812

111. Central Michigan, 13,683

112. Idaho, 12,064

113. Louisiana-Monroe, 11,298

114. Eastern Michigan, 11,260

115. Middle Tennessee, 11,021

116. Kent State, 10,546

117. Buffalo, 9,414

Florida International, 7,073*

Florida Atlantic, 6,909*

*FIU and FAU were in I-AA in 2003 and will be beginning two-year transition to I-A this fall.

Source: NCAA Copyright ? 2004, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Back to the top

NCAA attendance averages

I wouldn't worry too much about the attendance requirements. From what I've heard, the NCAA will either repeal the attendance requirement, or not enforce it, because of the arbitrary nature in which the 15,000 figure was selected.

By the way, on behalf of my fellow North Texas Mean Green fans, welcome to Division 1-A and the Sun Belt Conference. We're looking forward to your visit to Denton on September 11th.
Back to the top

NCAA attendance averages

Thank you for the welcome..........And now were going to beat you in your own stadium.
Back to the top

NCAA attendance averages

NCAA attendance averages

I'm sure it will be a good game…just remember two words: Patrick Cobbs. You might not know him right now, but you will on Sept. 11.

We were in I-AA while I was a student at NT not too long ago (although we never quite put together a year in I-AA like you guys did last season), so I admire what your program has done in such a short time. Coach Schnellenberger has definitely got you guys pointed in the right direction.

Here's a link to our message board, http://www.gomeangreen.com/board2/. Come by some time and talk football with us!
Back to the top

NCAA attendance averages

North Texas was ranked #1 in the nation for about 5 weeks during 1988 (I think) while we were 1-AA. GO MEAN GREEN
Back to the top

NCAA attendance averages

This will be a great game for us, my only concern is playing you guys after a trip to Hawaii, but should be a games to measure how far we have come and where we stand. Playing two Bowl teams in a two week period should make for an interesing start to the season.

With all the sucess we had last year, won't mean a darn thing once the season starts - a good season the previous year is just that, history.

This team will be hungry to prove that last year was not a fluke and I still predict that we will pull an upset within the first three weeks (all road games) of the season and who the victims will be remains to be determined, but will have a major impact for this program as we continue to grow.

Hopefully everything will work out and I will be able to attend this game.
Back to the top

NCAA attendance averages

I know this is a bit off topic, but I hope you guys win all your games next year, except the one on Sept. 11. The SBC didn't have a whole lot of strong teams last year, as you can tell by looking at the standings and overall records. The more OOC games the SBC can win, the better.

BTW, Bytor, we have a huge tailgate party area just outside of Fouts Field. Let us know if you are indeed coming, and we'll be happy to introduce you around to all the folks at gomeangreen.com, who always have a big contingent of tailgaters…
Back to the top

NCAA attendance averages

Welcome UNT fans:

We hope that the game will be competitive for all of our sakes.. ;)

The OOC games are very important for the SB Conf. The overall SB records were a bit on the downside. We know that baseball will hold up it's end. Basketball is still on the "wait and see" list since the NCAA invite a few years ago. Softball will more than hold their own.
My guess is that if football falls short this year, they will be very competitive in a couple of years. By that statement I mean a few more D1 studs on the O&D line who has been together for a couple of years.
Back to the top

NCAA attendance averages

I will root for you, FAU because you are our brother-in-arms when we aren't playing you and I would like you to make a statement for the State of Florida and show Texas where the real talent pool lies. ;D
The Sunshine State, not the Lone Star State! I root for you only because the success of your program tends to indirectly affect the success of our program and vice versa. Look how the local media talks about our schools, FIU and FAU, like we're twins. So hopefully we can get this game televised on Sunshine Network.

P.S. Good job last year on shocking the nation into knowing your names; but watch out, this year it is our turn and unfortunately we won't be able to participate in a post-season.
Back to the top
Control functions: