Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

D1-AA Team(s) I'd like to beat

if we were still in Little league.
Ga Southern,McNeese,Montana and Appl State.

Teams I'd like to Play:
Delaware and Wofford

The 1st 3 are talking trash whenever possible. GA Southern with it's Apopka Fla Connection.. :-[
I hope it gets UGLY and that FIU don't even give up 10 pts to them. The coach is constantly taking his swipes at SB Conf and it's teams and the players are just as arrogant.

McNeese still refuses to acknowledge that Northern Arizona kicked their butts. :o
Montana and Appl State are just plain whiners about the new kids(FAU and FIU) in general.

I would have loved to play UD and Wofford. Very good and solid teams who will represent well for a few more years.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda….
Back to the top

I know A LOT of I-AA fans were trash talking both schools on the anygivensaturday.org boards. Is this where this stems from also?

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Yes, it is coming from there… ;D
Some old and some new. The new stuff is word of mouth.
I just got back from a visit in GA and all I heard about was what GA Southern would do in the SunBelt.

All in fun though.
Back to the top

Yes, it is coming from there… ;D
Some old and some new. The new stuff is word of mouth.
I just got back from a visit in GA and all I heard about was what GA Southern would do in the SunBelt.

All in fun though.

I know how you feel. I haven't visited that board in quite a while. Last season we almost beat Georgia Southern at their home, we lost 37-35. Their fans were absolutely stunned by our performance there. I can't wait to take them on at home this season, I hope we can seal the deal this time around. We also take on McNeese this season which should be fun, they are always one of the best in I-AA. Hopefully we'll spank em both and show them that we deserve to be in I-A.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Oh Believe me when I say I will be rooting for you guys. I honestly have to say that I wish you would do well this year too. Both schools are going to be a major player in the near future here in Florida. It's just too much talent left over when the Big Boys are through at the table.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Good links MaXx.
Ralph-moderator- was really the only person whose comments I really respected over there.

Everyone else is just like we are….fans.
Although misgiuded they are fans non the less.. :-[
Back to the top

OG, MaXx,

I agree with both of you, but I will say this about Ralph -he took plenty of jabs at us and coach when he had the chance. They (1-AA Fans ) in general are to high on themselves, just when I started to appeciate 1-AA and what it represented, their fans made me sick to be associated with 1-AA in general. Yes, I would have liked for us to stay in 1-AA a while longer, but now I look for us to find success at the 1-A level (this also includes FIU).
Back to the top

OG, MaXx,

I agree with both of you, but I will say this about Ralph -he took plenty of jabs at us and coach when he had the chance. They (1-AA Fans ) in general are to high on themselves, just when I started to appeciate 1-AA and what it represented, their fans made me sick to be associated with 1-AA in general. Yes, I would have liked for us to stay in 1-AA a while longer, but now I look for us to find success at the 1-A level (this also includes FIU).

I completely agree with you. I enjoyed playing I-AA football and learned a lot about a division that I didn't before. However, the way those fans reacted when our schools decided to go I-A totally turned me off to that forum. They get offended when it is mentioned that the schools are simply trying to better themselves by moving to a higher division. I enjoyed the games and everything but those guys became annoying.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

You folks are right on the money, I think. There seems to be a bit of an inferiority complex among some of the I-AA fans, and that really is too bad. Like some of you, I had not followed it, and I knew very little about it. Yet, in a few short years, I grew to respect it a great deal. Although I don't have much more patience with obnoxious fans than you folks seem to have, I have to concede that division I-A has plenty of them, too.

Actually, I think it would be great if several strong I-AA programs were in Florida – to help keep more of the fine athletes here (instead of Illinois State, etc.). With the good program at Bethune-Cookman, what seems to be an emerging program at Jacksonville University and the tradition-rich program at Florida A&M, we have a start (depending on what FAMU eventually decides to do, division-wise). I have heard that the University of North Florida (Jacksonville) wants to start football. I suspect that fast-growing Florida Gulf Coast (Fort Myers) wants to eventually add football to its division II basketball, baseball, and other sports. I think it would be a candidate for I-AA in a little time. Who knows? Division I-AA football may have a very strong future in Florida – and several good homes for athletes who are a half-step away from the division I-A programs.

On that general subject, it's a shame that Florida's excellent community college system doesn't have football (like California, Kansas and, I think, texas, among others). Think of the opportunities for young men – and the opportunity for other programs to lure late-developing players for junior and senior years.
Back to the top
Control functions: