Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAMU internal sanctions may affect FAU game

I posted a thread on the Barbershop Board pertaining to FAMU's NCAA violations. I'm replying here also because I just found out that it may have a lingering affect on our game.
In speaking with a friend who's an Alumni of the school he thinks that the players will be punished by the school in addition to the NCAA's ruling. Apparently some/most knew they were ineligible. It was more than an oversight on the academic department part.

That's 51 Players!!! He don't know how many are still participating or will be this year. But if they have to sit them sporadically throughout the season, that can be disasterous. Looking at keying on home games mainly!
If that's true then that may have a HUGH affect on our home game up there.

That's a tough spot to be in.
Back to the top

This is the last thing they need with the schedule they have next year - it will have a major impact for many years. When it rains, it pours :P
Back to the top

Apparently they won't say how many of the PREVIUOS ineligible players would be playing this year.
Cooler heads now says that they may amend their thinking to just abide by the NCAA and MEAC sanctions and not punish anyone beyond that.

After all it, was a few student-athletes who started this inquiry a few years back regarding scholarship payments.
Back to the top
Control functions: