Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU's Biggest 2004 game would be?

Which game would you say is bigger than most games. Don't play the "they're all big because of the move" card.. ;)

Hawaii: 1st game vs nationally known QB.
North Texas: Top dog to be used for measuring stick in Sun Belt?
Midd Tenn State: How much did we improve since last season's last play win?
Troy: Legit D1-A contender and 1st meeting since the Mud Bowl a couple of years back?

I'll say North Texas because of their SunBelt Crown.

Any Others….
Back to the top

Along with Hawaii, North Texas, Middle Tennessee, and Troy State, the game at Northern Colorado will be a big one. It'll be interesting to see how the team does against the Bears - considering last year's thriller, and the climate change for the game this year. Louisiana-Monroe and New Mexico State shouldn't be overlooked either, given their I-A status.
Back to the top

NEW MEXICO STATE. OUR FIRST 1A HOME GAME? COME ON……..HOMECOMING, TON OF ALUM IN TOWN, A SOLD HOME GAME AGAINST A 1A TEAM WOULD BE THE BIGGEST VICTORY OF THE SEASON.

I'M NOT KNOCKING TROY, NT, MT or HAWAII BUT A 1A VICTORY AT HOME WOULD BE PRETTY FREAKIN BIG.

BUT WHAT I AM KNOCKING IS NORTHERN COLORADO, THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR CANIDATE??? WHAT IDIOT SAID NORTHERN COLORADO IS THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR. I DON'T LIKE CALLING ANYONE IDIOT BUT THAT WAS PROBABLY THE WORST CALL I'VE EVER HEARD.
-JUSTIN DIRICO 02'
[email protected]
Back to the top

BUT WHAT I AM KNOCKING IS NORTHERN COLORADO, THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR CANIDATE??? WHAT IDIOT SAID NORTHERN COLORADO IS THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR. I DON'T LIKE CALLING ANYONE IDIOT BUT THAT WAS PROBABLY THE WORST CALL I'VE EVER HEARD.
-JUSTIN DIRICO 02'
[email protected]

Justin, Justin Justin…Is he an idiot because he has a different opinion than yours? Or is it because his opinion is not the same as yours. :-/
I've asked you before on another thread awhile back when we differed on this same subject. Were you at the Northern Colorado game? How can you say that wasn't a good game? That game came down to the final play. Inside the 2 yard line!!!!!

Help me out here. What's your reasoning?
Back to the top

Thanks for backing me up, O.G. Owl.

Justin, in case you don't remember - FAU and Northern Colorado battled to the final whistle last season. FAU had to block an extra point, knock down a two-point conversion, intercept a pass in the endzone, and recover a fumbled punt return to hold on and win that game, 21-19. As O.G. Owl said, the game ended with the Bears driving deep in FAU territory. Northern Colorado hasn't lost at home in at least two years, and has both their QB and top WR returning in 2004. Plus, I don't expect the Bears to forget what happened last year. It should be a great game.
Back to the top

This is a dificult one to answer -

Hawaii - a win here would be a major boost for this program ( a close game could do us just as much good as a win)

N. Texas - is a big game, Sun Belt Champions & a Bowl Team.

MTSU - Big for two reasons, Revenge factor and for us a chance to prove last year was not a fluke

Troy - Both schools are a diferrent team since the last time we played in "mud-bowl I" - big only because they seem to be on track to be a Sun-Belt favorite along with N. Texas

N. Colorado - Big Revenge factor, a lot of their fans are still pretty piss-off over that lost

N. Mexico St - Big game because it is our first Division
1-A home game

Some of the games are very close as far as importance, but here goes:

#1 - N. Mexico St. (First Home game agaist a D 1-A)
#2 - N. Texas ( SBC memeber & Top Dog)
#3 - Hawaii (a win or close game would be huge)
#4 - MTSU ( a win to prove last year was not a fluke)
#5 - Troy ( Revenge from Mud-Bowl I)
#6 - N. Colorado (simply because D-1AA team)
Back to the top

"FAU and Northern Colorado battled to the final whistle last season."

YOU SUMMED IT UP RIGHT THERE. "LAST SEASON" WERE NOT A 1AA TEAM ANYMORE, THE ONLY IMPORTANCE IN ANY OF OUR 1AA GAMES THIS YEAR IS NOT TO LOSE. AND IF WE HAD TO LOSE A 1AA GAME THIS YEAR I WOULD PICK N. COLORADO. WE MOST LIKELY WILL NEVER PLAY THESE GUYS AGAIN, WERE ON THE ROAD (IN COLORADO NONETHELESS) AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH FLORIDA OR RECRUITING.

MY BREAKDOWN OF HOW BAD IT WOULD BE TO LOSE TO OTHER 1AA TEAMS.

1.FIU IS TOO MUCH OF RIVALRY TO LOSE, SUNBELT, RECRUITING

2.FAMU - INSTATE RIVAL, RECRUITS

3.ILLINIOS ST - OUR FIRST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON AND LOSING TO 1AA TO OPEN OUR HOUSE WOULD NOT BE GOOD FOR THE 04' SEASON.

4. TEXAS STATE - I DON'T HAVE MUCH OF AN ARGUEMENT HERE EXCEPT THERE HAS BEEN SPECULATION OF THEM GOING 1A AND JOINING THE SUNBELT.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM APOLOGIZING, ADMITTING SPELLING MISTAKES OR HAVING A BIASED OPION BUT SAYING N. COLORADO IS OUR BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR IS JUST EMBARASSING TO THE ENTIRE MESSAGE BOARD AND I HOPE NO OPPONENTS OR FAN THERE OF READS YOUR COMMENT.

-JUSTIN DIRICO 02'
[email protected]
Back to the top

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

I agree that losing to a D1-AA team is embarrasing.
My take is that just because we moved up does not make it IMPOSSIBLE to lose. They still will be up for FAU because of last year and the move to big time football. That angle is the one I was looking at.

Your point about FIU and recruiting ius a very valid one too.

Don't worry about spelling mistakes. We all make them .:)
School teachers are not allowed to post here on company time.. ;D
Back to the top

Playing any D-1AA team will be big for the only reason that they will be gunning for us - it will count as a D-1A win for them. They would love nothing more then to embarrass us and to rub in our faces and to belittle the SBC even more.

Yes, we are a D-1A team for the simple reason we can sign more recruits this year, don't forget they will not start playing for another year. I would be carefull for what you wish for - we are in transition and it will take a couple of year to truely be a D-1A team.

I felt that last year this team never really played to their full potential, hopefully with another year of maturity they will blossom into a fine tuned wrecking machine.
Back to the top

Justin - Just to clarify something - I didn't say that the Northern Colorado game will be the biggest game of the year. I simply said that I think it will be a big game, along with the games against the I-A teams.

Too bad that my comment bothers you. If Northern Colorado fans happen to read it, they'll see that at least one FAU fan here respects their team and remembers the great game that it played last year.

Back to the top
Control functions: