Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NCAA 2005 impressions...

only played a game or so but here are some thoughts:

-both FAU and FIU are in the game, both have acurate home and away unis, and both stadiums are in as well.

-running game is more realistic, throwing is alot harder.

got to get back to work.

rosters at maddennation.com (have to give your e-mail to register then go to downloads. poo-diddy or somthing like that. all players named).
Back to the top

NCAA 2005 impressions...

We are officially classified as a Big Time Football Team now.. 8-).
Not that the players knew any different anyway.. :D

Thanks for the info.
Back to the top

NCAA 2005 impressions...

Someone from EA Sport sent me an e-mail with this shot.
Man, it sure looks good to see these guys represented. 8-)
Back to the top

NCAA 2005 impressions...

Yep, the game looks good, I haven't seen FAU's home field yet but the uniforms look good. ;D

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

NCAA 2005 impressions...

Superb seeing us in the game, but a few gripes.

Lockhart has grass berms in each endzone? Don't think so. They just used a generic stadium.

But the biggest gripe…….where is Bynes? #17 on our roster is some big TE, not our best WR. Oh well. At least Jared gets a decent rating.
Back to the top

NCAA 2005 impressions...

took "poo-daddy"'s roster and expanded FAU's and UCF's (my undergradyate school) rosters as well as updated the depth chart. if anyone's interested i could post em'. for instance parker isn't in the game…

speaking of which, who would you consider the top three players of the program currently? during a dynasty it always displays the top three players. i
figured these…

1. Jared Allen
2. Chris Laskowski
3. Willie Hughley

also does anyone know of a site showing pictures of lockhart? curious how off it is.
Back to the top

NCAA 2005 impressions...

Tough call on the 3 players. Each very important in his zone. I would probably go with Hughley. Why?
Embick can step in and after a few series at QB will probably be ok during a game.

Laz has a few very good LB's who can play that spot including Benson and McKinley.

FAU home at Lockhart Stadium

Back to the top

NCAA 2005 impressions...

Hmmm. Hate to say this, but my son and I let the computer mode play the Owls' first two games of the season (on the new NCAA 2005 game for XBox). In the first, Hawai'i hammered FAU, 51-0. (The Owls were down only 13-0 at the half, but the Rainbow Warriors came up big in the second half.) In the second game, North Texas had little trouble, downing the Owls 44-7. Eventually, we'll get through the schedule using the computer mode (though we might start again to see if it works out any better). My son, who is pretty good at these games, thinks he could have beaten North Texas, had he taken over controls for FAU.

A market-savvy sports bar might want to set one of these machines up on the big screen and use it as a draw for a fan session. If a kid who really knows the game could be brought in to play for the Owls, it could be a lot of fun (provided cold beer was available for all). The graphics on this game are startlingly good.

I know the coach is a good sport. I wonder if he would go so far as to participate in something like this as a fund-raiser (or interest-raiser)….
Back to the top

NCAA 2005 impressions...

what does the field look like? did ea get it right with the fau in the middle and endzone?

kind of ashamed i don't know, will definitly get down to a game this year.
Back to the top

NCAA 2005 impressions...

NCAA 2005 impressions...

I've got the dynasty mode set with FAU as my favorite team. Running is much easier than passing!! The stadium is accurate in that it is small, but with soooo many different teams and stadiums, the little schools just share one generic staduim, but I believe it has an accurate sign that posts www.fausports.com. Its just good to see that we're in the game…..E…A..Sports..
WE'RE IN THE GAME!!!!
Back to the top
Control functions: