Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Fiorentino Update

Add topic

Just in case anybody is interested in following Jeff's progress. He was with the Aberdeen Ironbirds of the New York Penn League in Aberdeen, MD :
www.ironbirdsbaseball.com/
Evan Brannon is still there and doing well.

Recently Jeff was promoted to the Delmarva Shorebirds in the South Atlantic League in Salisbury, MD :
www.theshorebirds.com/
He is putting up some good numbers which is no surprise.

I would love to find info on Rusty Brown. Any body know?
Back to the top

Fiorentino Update

Rusty, or Russell Brown, as he seems to be known in the pros is with the Idaho Falls Chukars. http://www.ifchukars.com/dsp_player.cfm?Type=2&ID=86
Back to the top

Fiorentino Update

Oh and also, on a related bizarre note….former Owl Todd Moser was suspended for 15 games last week for testing positive for Andro. Yes, our own 6-0, 180lb Moser, who throws low 80's, is on andro.
Back to the top

Fiorentino Update

For info on any FAU player in organized baseball, go to fausports.com…click on baseball…click on "In the Pros" and you will get a link to the website of the player's team. PS…I saw Moser pitch two weeks ago…if he was using Andro it failed to kick in by then…he was routinely 81-83, but pitched great in his first start for the Tennessee Smokies. Where did you see his suspension?
Back to the top

Fiorentino Update

Now that would truly be shocking about Moser if its confirmed especially considering his build. I checked the team website and a couple of local newspapers sites but didnt see anything about it but then again they usually keep these things very quiet. Also he hasnt pitched since July 11th so he very well could be suspended.
On a much happier note when I went to look for Moser's stats I saw how great Carmen Cali is doing-14 saves!!
Ive always believed he was the best pitcher FAU has ever had-I realize others have won more games, but he seemed to always pitch his best when we needed it most. :)
Back to the top

Fiorentino Update

Thanks for the info. Boy do I ever feel stupid after searching for info on these guys….D-U-H ??? However, I must say, some of the team websites really make you work to find the info you're looking for, if it's available at all. I went a week trying to figure out what happened to Fiorentino because I didn't see him in the Ironbirds box scores and nothing as far as news releases.
Oh well. I'll get over it.
Back to the top

Fiorentino Update

I should have mentioned this yesterday…go to minor league baseball.com click on player search for any player you need and then bookmark his name…you can then go to bookmark and get each guy immediately…that's the most efficient method.

Also good news…Ryan Bono signed with the Red Sox.

Fiorentino was 4-4 w/ two 2bs last night…also had potential gw hr pulled back into the park by opponent's cf in the 11th. You can go to orioleshangout.com and get on their message board…click on minors and their are abot a5 current posts raving about Jeff.
Back to the top

Fiorentino Update

Fiorentino Update

Trust me on the Moser deal…I just can't divulge my sources. I think it just may have something to do with him being succeptable to injuries, but who knows. Good to see some of our 2004 leavers doing so well. As for Cali, he's a lefty who throws 90+, so he'll always have a job in baseball somewhere.
Back to the top
Control functions: