Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Timmy Chang/Hawaii's Offense

I don't know anything about them except the Holiday Bowls they've played. They run that spread formation w/4 wide sometimes.
Is there anyone who have seen them stopped or whose team has defeated him?. How was it done during Chang's career.

Just curious because we/FAU, open up with them at their place.

Thanks.
Back to the top

Well, you can go here and watch an archived webcast of some of their games last season if you want to see how they play:

http://www.k5thehometeam.com/Global/category.asp?C=44810&nav=4CAEKdBFKGHw

If you're lucky they might televise your game on the Web like that for the fans that can't make the trip. I know they broadcasted the baseball games that FIU played over there and it was cool to watch.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Hawaii's offense has been shut down by an opponent only once-USC last year with a fierce pass rush. Dont be deceived by the final 61-32, Hawaii scored a couple of TD's late off of USC's third stringers to make it look closer-they couldnt stop USC's front four. The other ways Hawaii's offense gets stopped is playing on natural grass-slow fields not good for their extreme WR speed(Nevada+Tulsa) and when Timmy Chang seems to zone out and lose concentration as has been known to happen. Since FAU is playing them at on thier fast carpet and doesnt have USC's pass rush, we need to hope like hell Timmy Chang is going through one of his bad streaks. Chang is the hardest player to figure-this year he'll become the NCAA's all time leading passer, but yet will likely lose his job for parts of the season due to his erratic play like he did in 2002 and 2003. So pray for the "bad" Timmy Chang to show up Sept.4th.
Back to the top

Hopefully the game will be sent back here in Florida on a delay or something. I just got my airline ticket package so I'll be there for the show. I'll set the recorder too.

It would be nice if the "bad" Timmy Chang shows up. :D
The DB's will have their work often and early in that game. I posted on a SunBelt board that our best chance may be our Will (weakside) Backer. Any type of blindside blitzes may break his concentration.
Should be an interesting out-of-the chute game for us.
Back to the top

O.G. - It is highly likely you will be able to see the game on TV live. Hawaii has their own broadcast network with their own announcers(who are REALLY biased by the way), and their games are nearly always picked up by Fox Sports Pacific mainly because their arent a lot of better late night programming options for them. They announced they are going to be expanding the amount of college sports(particularly football) of the fox sports digital channels this fall so the chances of the game being on are very good especially since their arent a lot of other late night west coast games that day.
If you dont have digital cable-most sports bars can get access and if you call around Im sure a couple of places near FAU will have it available.
Back to the top

Thanks for the info Burrowingowl. I'm with a group of 14 people from FAU that's scheduled to be at the game. I'm not with the Alumini sponsored plane trip. They say the plane is full.. ;D. Hopefully we can get another full plane out there for support.

I do have digital cable at home and would like to see the game when I get back home.
Back to the top
Control functions: