Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Illinois State at FAU

Hello Owls,

Mrs. Errant and I, plus 2 more fans, will be driving down from Orlando to the ISU game (our alma mater). We'll be sitting in the visitors' section. We look forward to a friendly pre-game tailgate, and a spirited contest. Any useful information for parking and tailgating would be appreciated. 8-)
Back to the top

Illinois State at FAU

Hello Owls,

Mrs. Errant and I, plus 2 more fans, will be driving down from Orlando to the ISU game (our alma mater). We'll be sitting in the visitors' section. We look forward to a friendly pre-game tailgate, and a spirited contest. Any useful information for parking and tailgating would be appreciated. 8-)

Welcome to the board Kinghterrant. 8-)

The best parking for you in the visitors area: Take the 2nd left(past stadium) into the parking area AFTER you leave Commercial ave.
Parking is $5. I don't think it went up for individual tickets.

The best Pre Game fun: Rally Alley in the 1st parking area by main entrance. You can park there also if you wish. All are welcome!

Last year it was FAU 28-10. ISU playerd a pretty good game. We were actually losing in the 2nd qtr 7-0. We were up 14-10 halftime.
ISU seem to be looking forward this game. At least that's what they say on the D1-AA message board.
I'm sure they will be pumped up.
Back to the top

Illinois State at FAU

Illinois State at FAU

Thanks, O.G., for both the welcome and the information. I am just now back online (with the aid of a portable generator) after the excitement of Saturday night. We are excited about seeing the Redbirds and your Owls play in Ft. Lauderdale. It will be our first time watching the Redbirds since they played the Bovines in Tampa in '99. We are UCF season ticket-holders, and attended your game in Orlando last year. 8-)
Back to the top

Illinois State at FAU

Ahhhh..the game at UCF. I was there too. The last 4 plays really had everyone on their feet. Tough loss for us but we also knew that we could play with the big boys after that game.

Your coach have you going in the right direction again this year. Haynes will play on Sundays and Moffit will be a good one for you guys too.
Back to the top

Illinois State at FAU

That was the game that we first got a clue just how bad we were. Not to take anything away from FAU (they played a hell of game that day, and had a hell of a season) but naturally we should have had a much better showing against a 1-AA opponent. We attended UCF's season opener at Virginia Tech, and while UCF lost 49-28, we came away feeling pretty good about our team. This season can only be an improvement. 8-)

Back to the top

Illinois State at FAU

That's true about your teams expectation vs a D1-AA team. Especially after the VA Tech comback. I saw that on TV.

Your Coach K gave us a very nice compliment. "They won't lose another game all year".
We did go on that 10 game winning streak after that game vs UCF.
Back to the top

Illinois State at FAU

Getting back to Illinois State's game at Lockhart, are there any prohibitions on tailgating? We have a 10x10 pop-up canopy, and the ladies like margaritas. Any restrictions on canopy size, hard liquor, glass containers, etc. We're pretty much an over-the-hill gang (median age 56.5 years). and as such, we aren't into rowdiness (OK, Mrs. Errant did get out of hand those few times). 8-)
Back to the top

Illinois State at FAU

So is that WoodStockers or shall I say Deadhead? I'm not quit the age group but pretty darn close.

Mrs Errant only getting out of hand a few times? That's All? Six(6) more and she will be rewarded with instant stardum at Rally Alley. ;D

The only restrictions are INSIDE the stadium. Everything outside is fair play. Pop Ups and mixed beverages are the requirements in the Alley.

Come on Down and Have Fun.
Back to the top
Control functions: