Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

WE HAVE A TV CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six (6) Road games!!!!!
We must vote Craig Angelos for President of the free world!!

Read On:
http://fausports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081604aac.html
Back to the top

You're certainly correct about this being great news. I hope the Alumni Association gets the word out to alums far and wide. This is how loyalty and contributions are built…
Back to the top

"Six road games will be available to Owl fans and will be produced by either ESPN Regional or FoxSports. The games are scheduled to air live and will be made available on Comcast's College Sports Southeast (CSS), Adelphia, Fox Network, College Sports TV, and as a DirecTV option."

still don't understand what games will be on what channels. what does this mean to the guy like myself who has regular cable? will all away games be on foxsports(Ch 37 adelphia palm beach)?
Back to the top

This is from the Miami Herald. I don't know what that mean as far as cable in your area.

The games, produced by ESPN Regional or Fox Sports, will be available through Comcast's College Sports Southeast, Adelphia, Fox Network and College Sports TV. The games will reach about 6 million homes in eight states. Games also are available through DirecTV.

This one is from the Sentinel.

All away games except the Sept. 11 contest against North Texas will be broadcast in South Florida either on Adelphia in Palm Beach County (except Oct. 16 game); Comcast's Sports Southeast, a southeastern sports network that is to begin airing Sept. 7 on Comcast's expanded basic package in Broward and Miami-Dade counties (except Sept. 4 and Oct. 16 games); Fox Sports Net (Oct. 9 and 16 games only, if NHL is in a lockout); College Sports Television (Oct. 9 and 16 only); or as a DirecTV option.

Back to the top

This is awesome! :o
Now we can definately see the games vs. Hawaii and North Texas, which should be a great listhmus test.
Back to the top

That's great news for you guys. Hopefully I'll get to catch you guys on TV. I have DirectTV but don't have the sports package, don't know if that'll make a difference or not. Be sure to catch FIU on Sunshine Network when you guys don't have a game.

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Thanks Maxx. I already told you that FIU is on my "teams to watch" list… I have to see how much you grow each week leading up to the "End Game". :)

I just signed up for DirectTV and it should be installed on Wednesday. I got a great deal on mine. It comes with the Fox and ESPN Sports channels. I think it's included in the Total Choice package. Unless the CS Rep just hooked me up on the promo.. ;D
Back to the top

Thanks Maxx. I already told you that FIU is on my "teams to watch" list… I have to see how much you grow each week leading up to the "End Game". :)

I just signed up for DirectTV and it should be installed on Wednesday. I got a great deal on mine. It comes with the Fox and ESPN Sports channels. I think it's included in the Total Choice package. Unless the CS Rep just hooked me up on the promo.. ;D

Well I get the ESPN Channels, Fox Sports Net Florida and Sunshine network. IF you want the other Fox Sports channels and some other sports stations you have to pay an extra monthly fee. Unless they are having a special deal, then you got lucky. Opening day is almost here :D

Panthers on the Rise
Back to the top

Congrats FAU! ;)
You guys are now hitting the big time ;D
I will definitely be watching when we have a bye week or have a late game. I will cheer for you guys to represent the So. Fla. football scene until the infamous "End Game". Make sure you FAU fans do the same and tune into Sunshine Network when FIU is on.

P.S. If you haven't heard yet FAU, while you guys are enjoying the beaches of Hawai'i, we'll be having our own party at every game in "The Cage": http://www.fiusports.c…ges/pdf/bring_it_home.pdf
Back to the top

Oh, I'll pull for you guys during the other games too. 8-)

That's the best thing about an on campus stadium. You can have all sorts of game time promotions and the students can just walk up and participate.
Back to the top
Control functions: