Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU in the community

FAU in the community

I can say that a lot is being done to do just that - get the community involved, which includes as may youth groups that we have been able to reach.

A win in Hawaii and UNT will do wonders to get attention - nothing sell better then wins.

I am somehow puzzled that our local newscasters haven't even mentioned any of the Owl's victory on the local news - the biggest victories in school history an not a word.

Hell - Corso, on ESPN GameDay gave us a nice plug.

Has anyone caught "Under the Lights" on Sunshine
featuring "Howard & FAU" - great little 30 min, even has Bobby Bowden saying what a hell of a coach Schelly.
Back to the top

FAU in the community

FAU in the community

I saw the piece on FAU with Coach Schnell. Nice start for the season.

UCF posters called it a half hour infommercial on FAU.. ;D
Back to the top

FAU in the community

Yea, I agree the local news has done squat lately. Im wondering if its because they couldnt get any video footage, but like you said I have seen more about FAU on a national level than a local level, however, the sun-sentinal and palm beach post have been doing awsome keeping up with the owls victories. And I taped "under the lights" it was great and gave alot of info on what schnely plans on doing. I have to say he has high hopes, I hope it comes true...
Back to the top

FAU in the community

Under the Lights was a very good special. Unfortunately, the two-game winning streak has had to go up against a Miami-FSU story, as well as the record of hurricanes hitting our lovely state.
Maybe this weekend, the news will be able to make up the coverage by not having to talk about hurricanes in south florida, and no big games for U of Miami.
The team needs to take care of business this week against the Blue Raiders!!
Back to the top

FAU in the community

Yep, I just hope we can continue the streak. It would be awsome to have a 3-0 record going intot he first home game, it would help boost attendence, I feel this is FAU's biggest downfall. More fans =better recruits = more wins over bigger schools= more plablicity for the school
Back to the top

FAU in the community

The post gave FAU as much love as Florida on Sunday; full page spread, pictures, stats, observations. Great job by them. Unfortunately our biggest win came at the worse time in terms of getting press from it. I didn't even find out about until Tuesday due to power outage and nonexistent paper routes. The hurricane literally was on top of us at the time of FAU's win.
Back to the top

FAU in the community

Yea the post did an awsome job... I tore out the page and posted it at work. Im suprised that the Boca News doesnt cover it more...
Back to the top

FAU in the community

I totally agree the Post & the Sun have done a great job covering FAU in the past and present.

I just went to WPTV web site - My main reason was to send them an e-mail asking why they have no coverage of FAU on their local sporting news, then I noticed under local sports(from the wed-site) - they talk about FSU, Miami, Bucs, now I'm not trying to be highly critical here, but FAU is a lot more local then anyone of these team, I mean LOCAL as in the same county for crying out loud. Worse yet, under college sport, absolutely no mention of FAU's win in Hawaii or UNT >:(

I say we bombard the bastards with e-mails asking why can't they give a Local school some coverage.
Back to the top

FAU in the community

Sending an email now >:(
Back to the top

FAU in the community

Just made a sticky thread for all to see up top.. :P
Back to the top
Control functions: