Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Sunshine Network

Sunshine Network

I sent an E-mail to the Sunshine Network thanking them for the "Under the Lights" Program and also the apprreciation for the coverage of FAU Footbal during
"The Tailgate Saturday" show. Here is the response I receive, which was were prompt:

Thanks so much for that message. A lot of folks work very hard on those shows and it's gratifying to see those efforts appreciated. Coach Schnellenberger and the staff at FAU are terrific and we enjoy working with them. Thanks again for taking the time to write. Go Owls!

I like the Go Owls at the end - Very Nice. ;D
Back to the top

Sunshine Network

And here are are some comments from Whit & Brady from "The Tailgate Saturday" show:

Comments from Whit Watson:

OWLS AND PANTHERS AND WINS, OH MY!: There's something in the water down in South Florida. Last week, the Owls of Florida Atlantic made the longest road trip in school history, traveling to Hawaii to take on Timmy Chang and the Warriors. Chang, who is on pace to become the NCAA's all-time passing leader, was outplayed by FAU quarterback Jared Allen, who found Anthony Crissinger-Hill in the end zone in the final minute to force overtime. FAU wins.

A week later, the Owls, who will play in the Sun Belt Conference next season, traveled to Denton, Texas to face North Texas, the three-time defending league champion that had never lost a Sun Belt game at Fouts Field. Owls win again.

At the same time, Florida International was in Youngstown, Ohio to face four-time I-AA national champion Youngstown State. The Golden Panthers had never won a road game in their brief history. They win.

Chevy Tailgate Saturday analyst Terry Norvelle made a great point off-air on Saturday: If those two schools are in Ohio, this quick success never happens.

Fact is, Florida has the best high school talent in the country. Howard Schnellenberger and Don Strock can fill their rosters year after year without ever leaving the Sunshine State, if they choose. They've both created buzz on campus, and they've both delivered winners, and we get to sit back and enjoy.

Comments from Brady Ackerman:

Florida is now officially the premier state for Division I football.

California and Texas have always had more teams in Division I, but FAU and FIU are making Florida the kingpin.

Howard Schnellenberger is one of the best road coaches in college football history. He knows how to prepare his team to play away from home and just like his days at the University of Miami, Florida Atlantic has continued that play with a 2-0 start.

I love what Don Strock did last week in going to the bench for his backup quarterback David Tabor. Tabor lit up the Penguins in the fourth quarter, showing the same cool and calm demeanor his head coach did when he played for the Miami Dolphins

Sit Back and Enjoy indeed.

Go Owls!!
Back to the top

Sunshine Network

Very nice. Yea I have to send out some more thank you emails tonight. Let them know that there are fans watching. I sould write a few to the same people with different address...
Back to the top

Sunshine Network

Both programs are very well on their way to becoming a big part of Florida football. Just imagine in a few years when players actually start to STAY home from venturing up to the colder climates!!!

NC State(Amato),Clemson(Bowden) and Rutgers have a beeline to talent in this state. We need to severe those ties.
Back to the top

Sunshine Network

Just emaild the sunshine network and complemented them on Under the lights. I also got a reply from a few other news stations. At least we know are emails are being read.

This is off subject but how did you get the FAU logo to show at the footer of all your posts?
Back to the top
Control functions: